Droid-Wiki anyone?

Denmark

Reaction score
Hey there,

I've already had a few unpleasant interactions with my Droid (Factory Reset to removes my girlfriend's gmail account? Seriously?), and I'm really wondering if there is a Wiki out there for it. If not, we should really make one. I bet there will be many questions on these forums that could be easily answered by pointing to a wiki help article.

-Denmark

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think if you have more then 1 gmail account it allows you to delete the main one without a problem, i think it just needs to have 1 on the phone at all times, someone can correct me if wrong.

OP
D

Denmark

Reaction score
I'm not super-interested in trying again, but at the time, I added my own account, so there were two on there, and then tried to delete hers. No go.

OP
D

Denmark

Reaction score
Okay, I just created a test account, added it, and removed it. So that worked. But I still don't believe you can remove the first account you added. Or maybe not an account that has contacts? Even so, I think a wiki would be nice for documenting these issues.

naman919

Reaction score
Bump.

My friend used to have a G1 and told me there are a couple main Wiki's he used to really understand everything fully.

I found the Android Wiki, but are there others that are just as useful?

I would really like a Beginners guide to the OS functions and files, i.e. recovery .img vs nandroid backup, etc.

These defined would help me wrap my head around everything. :unsure:

Mastered BB OS but struggling with Android. Rooted and all that jazz but i would like to understand it vs following instructions (Thanks to all! they work!) and being a "droid" to my droid. LOL. :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've created some how tos on this website. if someone finds a place to host the wiki, we have lots of info here in this forum to contribute.

qoncept

Reaction score
Mine is up but the content is kind of limited right now, mostly to things I was interested in and couldn't find any clearly written documentation on. So I'm pretty anxious for some contributors :) I'm hoping once a few people start writing articles it'll just kind of take off.

I Am A Banana

Reaction score
I have a lot of stuff I wrote on apps since I got my droid, and I've been looking for a wiki to put it on.

I found other wikis here:

Android - Dan Dascalescu's Wiki
motorola droid faq wiki: Main

I'm probably going to use qoncept's since it has a GNU license, but the other two have a lot of good information on them.

Is there any way we can make this more official? Can we link to it in a sticky?

:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

I Am A Banana

Reaction score
My apologies for saying this, but there are already 3 (or at least 2 and a half) wikis up - do we need to fill in a 4th?