Droid VoIP calling..

dxm765

Reaction score
My plan with verizon expired,however i want to keep it still and use the WiFi in my home and office to make phone calls and such,i have the google voice app and a google voice number. But when i try and place a call (i do select to make every call through google voice) it connects me to verizon and wants me to get a plan and such, any way around that...or a true VoIP app?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Again, GV is not a VOIP solution. You can, however, use it with a VOIP solution, as discussed in other threads.

OP
D

dxm765

Reaction score
could you please possibly provide a link to other thread(s)? I would greatly appreciate it

triptych

Reaction score
Yeah this board is a lot bigger than when the droid first came out. Telling people there are other threads doesn't help anyone out.

I got voip to work with gv to use when my fiancee traveled to poland. It worked great on test calls here in the us, but once overseas the only thing it would do is ring the phone. Its a really buggy drawn out process.
Maybe someday we will see true voip on these amazing phones, if the carriers would only stop raping and pillaging android.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got voip to work with gv to use when my fiancee traveled to poland. It worked great on test calls here in the us, but once overseas the only thing it would do is ring the phone. Its a really buggy drawn out process.
Maybe someday we will see true voip on these amazing phones, if the carriers would only stop raping and pillaging android.

Did you use a PBX? I kind of got all-free VoIP to work but quality was awful. I think I need to set-up a PBX but haven't had the time. Didn't want to go that route, either, because I thought the lag could be bad. But I've messed with about everything else and seems PBX might be the last hope to get something that actually works decently.