VoIP with Gingerbread

sharpz

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope yall had a great Christmas!

I was reading an article on CNN the other day and it said with Gingerbread, Google allows phones to make VoIP internet calling? Is this true? I thought Verizon Wireless and other carriers would block this idea from the get go as it's a loss of revenue for them.

Can anyone confirm this? And how exactly does it work? Does it work with yhr phone number Verizon gives you, or is it an extension of your google voice number?

Also, will Gingerbread hit the Droid X?

Nick177th

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope yall had a great Christmas!

I was reading an article on CNN the other day and it said with Gingerbread, Google allows phones to make VoIP internet calling? Is this true? I thought Verizon Wireless and other carriers would block this idea from the get go as it's a loss of revenue for them.

Can anyone confirm this? And how exactly does it work? Does it work with yhr phone number Verizon gives you, or is it an extension of your google voice number?

Also, will Gingerbread hit the Droid X?

You can watch the Gingerbread videos on youtube. Yes, it says VOIP will be in Gingerbread. That doesn't mean VZW will put it in the version that we get though. You have to have a SIP account or something. Not really that knowledgeable about that stuff yet.