Droid vehicle mount for VZNav and VCast!

Guindalf

Reaction score
From VZW's website...

Motorola's vehicle mount for the Motorola Droid lets you transform your car into a state‐of‐the‐art vehicle so you can access VZ Navigator, listen to your favorite VCAST Music, and have hands‐free conversations. The car mount securely holds your phone and requires no installation.

VZW Vehicle mount for Droid

I thought these apps weren't available on the Droid? Who'd want them anyway with Pandora and Google Nav?

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I thought these apps weren't available on the Droid? Who'd want them anyway with Pandora and Google Nav?

I was thinking the same thing!

ChiliSky

Reaction score
I checked around for the vehicle mount and no one seems to have them in stock. Wanted one to use the Google Maps on my trip Friday..:blink:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I checked around for the vehicle mount and no one seems to have them in stock. Wanted one to use the Google Maps on my trip Friday..:blink:

Call Verizon's 800 number for sales. I did last night and my Car Dock is on it's way to me as we speak!:icon_ lala:

raydog153

Reaction score
You should wait, don't order online unless you know what your getting. The Car Mounts sold by Verizon don't include the rapid charger, but on Moto's site they say thier cor mount includes the rapid charger!!! What gives?

OP
G

Guindalf

Reaction score
I got my car mount this morning as part of a package that included the Body Glove case and the multimedia dock. There was no vehicle charger with it.

However, I have a USB charger in the car and should be able to use the USB cable to top up the charge.

raydog153

Reaction score
Are you sure that USB charger will work? I have a USB charger for my previous phone for the computer, and it doesn't fit the Droid. Seems the Droid's USB port isn't a standard mini-USB!!! I hate this, why can't they standardize anything. Has anyone got a standard mini-usb to work with the Droid?

OP
G

Guindalf

Reaction score
I'm talking about a charger with a USB connection, not the mini-USB on the phone end.

Apparently, phone manufacturers are standardizing on the mini so the Droid is the same as the Blackberry phones.

raydog153

Reaction score
Ok, I see what your saying, but you are also saying that phone manufacturers are standardizing on the mini, so the droid is the same....how can that be true, when I have a mini-usb cable that doesn't work? Aren't all mini-usb cables the same? Wen you say mini you mean mini-usb right?

gBandid0

Reaction score
Ok, I see what your saying, but you are also saying that phone manufacturers are standardizing on the mini, so the droid is the same....how can that be true, when I have a mini-usb cable that doesn't work? Aren't all mini-usb cables the same? Wen you say mini you mean mini-usb right?

The Droid uses the mini usb. All the ones I have from my BB Storm work just fine. ;)

Dark-V

Reaction score
Neither the Droid nor the Storm have Mini USB. They both have Micro USB. That IS in fact, a standard.

Mini USB is on the left, Micro is on the right.
motorola_razr2_v8img_3995.jpg

gBandid0

Reaction score
Neither the Droid nor the Storm have Mini USB. They both have Micro USB. That IS in fact, a standard.

Mini USB is on the left, Micro is on the right.
motorola_razr2_v8img_3995.jpg

I stand corrected, they are in fact micro usb's. :icon_eek: