Newbie lookin' for help on case choice & other things...

Montana Griz

Reaction score
I'm new to this "Droid World" and am really looking forward to receiving my Droid X in about a week from Verizon direct. When I ordered it I also ordered a "cover" for it (and I've rec'd that already), this "cover" is a "Silicome Cover", as ther call it, and when installed on the Droid X will cover up the "back side" of the droid and the edges, leaving the front side exposed. It has (5) holes in various places to provide access to various "ports etc" on the phone. It is very thin (about a 1/16th") and is very "slippery".

Question(s): #1.. Is there a Horizantal, (leather or ?) Belt Mounted Case, available that will accept the Droid with this "Silicone Cover" on the phone and be able to secure the "flap" enclosure of the case?? If so, pls indicate a source. Thanks

#2: I also have ordered the "Motorola OEM Car mount" to hold the Droid on the "dash". This will really be great for my up coming 3500 mile trip (RT) in the YUKON....nice big flat dash area.

#3: Along with the "silicone cover" (above), I got the Verizon "Vehicle Charger with USB port" (charge Droid and my digital camers at same time.

#4: Also have a Motorola H 500 Bluetooth headset, and a Bluetooth "Dongle".........these were a gift from my daughter. I understand how the Bluetooth thing works,.....but what is this "Dongle" 'thing and will it be of benefit to me when I start using the DROIDx??

#5 Also have the HDMI Cable for the DROID to show pics on my TV......are there any other uses for this cable??

Thanks for your comments and answers.

HouseOfZane

Reaction score
Hi Montana, I see no one answered you. Here are my thoughts:

1.You can find things like this all over the place. However, with the silicon cover, it's going to be a tight fit. They do make plastic cases that fit into holsters that you can rotate into a horizontal fashion.

2. Sweet!

3. The silicon cover will still allow you to charge the phone.

4. The dongle lets you sync your X to your computer. It'll also let you transfer data between your phone and machine. Think of it as a data cable, without the cable :)

5. Since the X records in 780p, you can take great videos and play them on your TV.

Hope you enjoy your awesome phone!

OP
M

Montana Griz

Reaction score
Hi Montana, I see no one answered you. Here are my thoughts:

1.You can find things like this all over the place. However, with the silicon cover, it's going to be a tight fit. They do make plastic cases that fit into holsters that you can rotate into a horizontal fashion.

2. Sweet!

3. The silicon cover will still allow you to charge the phone.

4. The dongle lets you sync your X to your computer. It'll also let you transfer data between your phone and machine. Think of it as a data cable, without the cable :)

5. Since the X records in 780p, you can take great videos and play them on your TV.

Hope you enjoy your awesome phone!
Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.