Droid Ultra XT1080 Disassembly (Photos Inside)

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I took my personal Droid Ultra (emp edition) apart today to see if it actually does have an LED or not (for notifications). The answer is Yes it does. There is a LED right next to the light sensor on top, from what i have read from others i guess it just blinks when your low on battery and you have notifications instead of it lighting up the screen. I was assuming it would have been by the earpiece but i guess not, nothing was there. I also assume with root or something, maybe the LED can be enabled for those who would like it as a notification all the time.

Casen

Reaction score
You sure that's a led and not a small infrared for the proximity sensor?
I remember watching a video back before they were released showing off the new moto X and the Droid Maxx and there was a small blinking infrared light to the left the speaker, right where you described it to be
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
ya, the proximity sensor and related parts are to the right, from what it looks like its a multicolor led but i could be wrong. The reason also i think for sure it is, because where it sits on the frame, you can see its indented for the led light to blink through where the sensor receives light from. Again i could be wrong but from what i have read elsewhere, supposibly the phone blinks red led when you get notifications if your battery is low enough that the screen notification does not turn on. So not sure.

Casen

Reaction score
ya, the proximity sensor and related parts are to the right, from what it looks like its a multicolor led but i could be wrong. The reason also i think for sure it is, because where it sits on the frame, you can see its indented for the led light to blink through where the sensor receives light from. Again i could be wrong but from what i have read elsewhere, supposibly the phone blinks red led when you get notifications if your battery is low enough that the screen notification does not turn on. So not sure.

Read my edit real quick. Also I have killed my Maxx a few times and have never seen a notification light blinking

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
hmm anyway you can find that link to the vid? id like to check it out

Casen

Reaction score
Try taking a video of your phone with the screen on. I'll look for that link

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

Casen

Reaction score
The original video I saw had a moto x and an ultra. This one only has the X, but if u watch to the left of the speaker, you can see a faint constant blinking when the screen is on, which should be the infrared proximity sensor.

[video=youtube;rSqonuuCq0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSqonuuCq0M&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Casen

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;nmstxcLZA9E]http://youtu.be/nmstxcLZA9E[/video]

Found the original one I saw.

Also, pictures 4 7 through 11... I have no idea what Im looking at there.. Is that your front facing camera on the left side of the phone, looking from the front?

EDIT: Nvm, I see what it was. just not a good sense of how small the components are in those pictures.

Last edited:
OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
ya i see what you mean, but that flashing red light is to the right, where this led is, it is positioned more to the left of the sensor so i dont think the red flash in those pics is from that led. If the led was the one making that red light, it would be flashing more to the left

songjian518

Reaction score
Dear friend,Sorry for my chinese english, Do you disassemble all droid ultra (Motherboard positive and negative ,Battery ) HD photos send to my email (this is my email add :[email protected]) ,I am a crazy moto fans ,I want to konw and the phone intenal design very so much!
Looking forward to your mail !thank you very much !

Sent from my XT926 sing Tapatalk 2

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Hi, the only pictures i have are the ones i posted here. I did not take the shields off the main board to see the chipset and so forth. Im sure ifixit will eventually have a full teardown of the main board

songjian518

Reaction score
Can you take the phone battery conector photos send to me ?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2