Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, Droid Mini XT1080 Disassembly Video

R

RETG

I'll say thanks for doing the dis assembly. However, I'm guessing a lot of people might have been interested in the battery R&R.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Battery is not hard. Its one of those small flex cables you disconnect next to LCD cable and the battery itself is held down onto the board by double tape/adhesive

Justinc

Reaction score
Great video! Thank you for that.

What about removing the glass from the LCD display? I have a Maxx that's less than 2 months old and my company doesn't have the insurance (too many phones to cover). I was thinking about replacing it myself because a friend did an S3 and razr maxx HD and said they were fairly easy, but we couldn't find any tutorials on the new(er) maxx xt1080m.

Let me know what you think and thanks again.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Hi, thanks. Well i highly doubt you will be able to replace just the glass. Im almost positive the LCD and glass are fused together, just like many phones are now a days. Some people are still able to replace the glass on fused phones, but requires a lot of work n time and special tools, its just not worth it i think. Your better off getting a LCD digitizer assembly from ebay or somewhere and replacing it that way. :)

Justinc

Reaction score
Hi, thanks. Well i highly doubt you will be able to replace just the glass. Im almost positive the LCD and glass are fused together, just like many phones are now a days. Some people are still able to replace the glass on fused phones, but requires a lot of work n time and special tools, its just not worth it i think. Your better off getting a LCD digitizer assembly from ebay or somewhere and replacing it that way. :)

dang, i figured as much. trouble with that tho is the price of the digitizer assembly, $200+. Fortunately (best option i have really) is my company has about 14 upgrades on our account and even though I just upgraded from a busted razr maxx hd 2 months ago I can get a brand new MAXX for $125 (300 with 175 rebate). still sucks but its my cheapest way out. I may attempt to replace the glass just to see if i can do it and then i'd have a nice spare.

thanks for the reply.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
yea thats a nice price to get it at lol. Let us know how it goes if you do attempt it.