Droid Turbo's battery not lasting for more than six hours

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Amazon has the same genuine Moto turbo powered car charger with a 3' cable for half the price, if you are a Prime member.

https://amzn.com/B01B8I8ZOA

The 25 has a built in cable blue a USB plug and the 15 has a USB plug and a USB cable. But are they faster than the Verizon branded ones. Has anyone confirmed it experienced? The reviews saw they are half as fast as the moto wall charger.

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
samsung vs qualcomm turbo car charger pic 1.jpg
Amazon has the same genuine Moto turbo powered car charger with a 3' cable for half the price, if you are a Prime member.

https://amzn.com/B01B8I8ZOA
I just received the 25 from Amazon the box is labeled Motorola and says made by Qualcomm with a 3amp output while the one that I got from verizon that looks the same but is verizon branded and says made by Samsung has a 2amp output so it seems to get the true turbo charge in a car you need 3amp output. I am going to check the moto home charger that came with the phone and see if it says 3amp

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
View attachment 77093
I just received the 25 from Amazon the box is labeled Motorola and says made by Qualcomm with a 3amp output while the one that I got from verizon that looks the same but is verizon branded and says made by Samsung has a 2amp output so it seems to get the true turbo charge in a car you need 3amp output. I am going to check the moto home charger that came with the phone and see if it says 3amp

I'm not sure about the amps, but I went ahead a bought a couple of the ones I mentioned on Amazon. My phone recognizes it as a turbo charger and it works great.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I'm not sure about the amps, but I went ahead a bought a couple of the ones I mentioned on Amazon. My phone recognizes it as a turbo charger and it works great.

I just tested it and the moto branded one is definitely faster than then the Verizon branded one and it was verizon salesman that told me to by the moto one lol. Why does verizon only sell Samsung stuff and not Qualcomm I wonder if they have a marketing deal in place. Either way I think it's the amps that make it faster and the voltage always has to be five. Totally worth it wish I could return the Verizon Samsung one oh well. It seems that they are hard to get on Amazon and motos site did the stop making them?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
... It seems that they are hard to get on Amazon and Moto's site. Did they stop making them?

I'm not sure, all I know is their website says Out Of Stock. I have seen things listed as OOS on their site one day and back in stock a few days later.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just tested it and the moto branded one is definitely faster than then the Verizon branded one and it was verizon salesman that told me to by the moto one lol. Why does verizon only sell Samsung stuff and not Qualcomm I wonder if they have a marketing deal in place. Either way I think it's the amps that make it faster and the voltage always has to be five. Totally worth it wish I could return the Verizon Samsung one oh well. It seems that they are hard to get on Amazon and motos site did the stop making them?

If you want to properly compare chargers, I suggest this:

https://www.amazon.com/Eversame-Multimeter-Chargers-Capacity-Banks-Black/dp/B01D9Y6ZFW

I got one and it works perfectly. The charger that comes with the Turbo auto-switches between 12, 9 and 5V output, depending on the level of the battery when you plug it in.

With this you can see how voltage and current change as the phone charges and also see which charger charges at what voltage and current at a given battery level.

Remmy700P

Reaction score
Website
www.pesisolar.com
Current Phone Model
DROID Turbo
Anker has excellent wall and 12V vehicle "Turbo Chargers" with the Qualcomm 2.0 and/or the Qualcomm 3.0 specification at excellent pricing on Amzn. Works great with my DROID Turbo.