Droid Turbo vs iPhone 6

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Galaxy S Tab 8.4 blows both of them away.

It is extremely impressive, but I still prefer the design of the iPad Mini for long periods of reading, and I have a feeling I'll prefer the design of the Nexus 9 as well. That's not to diminish the S Tab 8.4 in the slightest, but the ergonomics are slightly lacking for me.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's not to diminish the S Tab 8.4 in the slightest, but the ergonomics are slightly lacking for me.

Ahhh....I haven't held them to see. Very hard to get a handle on that [no pun intended] holding just a few minutes in the store.

Spec-wise I just think the S Tab 8.4 is more future-proof with 3 gigs of ram and the SD card. Nexus 9 is nice with the dual front speakers, but like you I will be doing mostly reading and very little watching videos (I always use BT headphones, anyway).

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ahhh....I haven't held them to see. Very hard to get a handle on that [no pun intended] holding just a few minutes in the store.

I haven't held the Nexus 9 yet, but just by looking at it, I anticipate the feel in hand to be very good.

Spec-wise I just think the S Tab 8.4 is more future-proof with 3 gigs of ram and the SD card. Nexus 9 is nice with the dual front speakers, but like you I will be doing mostly reading and very little watching videos (I always use BT headphones, anyway).

While the specs are certainly there for the Tab, Samsung does have a history of not giving the utmost attention to updating their tablets. The Nexus 9 may see longer update support given that it's a Nexus device (and it will certainly receive much more prompt updates). Depending on what an individual wants out of a device being "future proof," the Nexus 9 may be the better fit. The lack of a SD slot on the 9 is a big knock against it for me, especially since it's internal storage tops out at 32GB.

But back on topic, I'll be anxious to see how the Turbo feels in hand. I had the chance to play around with an iPhone 6 and a 6 Plus, and I was very impressed by how they felt in hand. The 6 Plus is one of the more comfortable large screen devices yet (although it's needlessly tall with the huge bezels at the top and bottom).

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Is it the original iPad Mini or the iPad Mini with Retina Display?

As for the actual topic of the thread, while the iPhone 6 is the more impressive looking device to me, I really don't see there being much of a contest between the two. The Turbo will have many more features and better battery life.

It is the Ipad Mini 2. I also am looking forward to the Droid Turbo!

Last edited: