Droid Turbo Lollipop Update - Issues

chakfu

Reaction score
Tiny problem. Tiny little problem. Tiny little first world problem.

That can be said for any smartphone bug or post on this forum.

But as far as smartphone bugs go, the inability so completely silence incoming phone calls seems like a rather big one that ought to be documented in this thread!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You are right.
I should be more empathetic. I barely noticed that sound until it was brought up here.
But a quick Google shows this is common across a big range of android phones.
Also that a small handful of phone can turn this off via Dialer Settings.

Deafening Android End Call Tone FIXED Matt Wood s Blog

Wonder if that's true about the mem line in the code.

TapaTurbo

chakfu

Reaction score
I think that blog post refers to the end of a connected call - that's a relatively minor annoyance since in that situation you are awake and talking already. But now it is occurring with missed calls when silence may be needed during sleep, movies, work, etc - I don't know if this is unique to turbo or 5.1 or not.

Rokko

Reaction score
I have been experiencing low ringer volume since the update. It's about half the volume as before the update. Anyone else?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have been experiencing low ringer volume since the update. It's about half the volume as before the update. Anyone else?
Have you tried adjusting it manually in settings, sound and notifications?

D._Manley

Reaction score
My ringer volume initially begins low then, after a few seconds (about +/- the 2nd ring), the volume amps up to normal levels. I have not seen it mentioned but I really think this is a designed feature. Using constant, music or musical tones you can easily tell it's being cranked up as it happens.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Re: ringer volume, I have noticed that as well, that the first ring or two seems a bit muted and then goes to regular strength. No complaints here.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have been experiencing low ringer volume since the update. It's about half the volume as before the update. Anyone else?[/QUOTE

My ring on incoming calls ( Digital Phone ) 1st. one is very low the 2nd and beyond is loud ( I have volume at max so I can hear it when in my pocket )
I have tried adjusting it but still does it

Rokko

Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting it manually in settings, sound and notifications?

Thanks for the tip! I looked under settings and it was maxed out but still low volume so I moved the slider all the way down then back up again and the volume increased. Thanks again!

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks for the tip! I looked under settings and it was maxed out but still low volume so I moved the slider all the way down then back up again and the volume increased. Thanks again!

Didn't work on mine, 1st. ring very low 2nd and beyond loud

jplemt

Reaction score
I just called my Turbo from my work phone 4 times and my Turbo never rang or notified of an incoming call. :/ I am on 4g with -71dBm signal strength and advanced calling turned on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk