Droid to Xbox

2yomama1994

Reaction score
Ok so i have a motorola droid thats rooted and whatnot, and a xbox 360. I have wireless internet and a pc but they are on the other end of my house. is there any way to use my droid on my xbox to connect to live without hooking my xbox to my PC

JimmyD

Reaction score
So, I think your question is: Can I tether my Xbox with my Droid?

Interesting question... I'm not sure though. Anyone out there know?

bmb0205

Reaction score
Bad idea. Your connection will be laggy and verizon will notice your immense consumption of data

OP

2yomama1994

Reaction score
The data part won't be a big deal, and I can hook up a pc and an ipod to the wifi tether and they don't have very much lag if any. But is there a way?

robbversion1

Reaction score
The data part won't be a big deal, and I can hook up a pc and an ipod to the wifi tether and they don't have very much lag if any. But is there a way?

i've tried playing games from my pc via tether and there is a noticeable amount of lag.

not sure if you're trying to play games through live or just chat with friends but i'm pretty sure there will be lag if you're doing the former.

as for connecting it in the first place, i'm not too sure. sorry

Reaction score
if you can get wireless tether to work, and have the wireless adapter your golden. i play modernwarfare 2 daily using a verizon mifi as my connection. previous to that i used my blackberry tethered to my laptop using internet connection sharing.

robbversion1

Reaction score
if you can get wireless tether to work, and have the wireless adapter your golden. i play modernwarfare 2 daily using a verizon mifi as my connection. previous to that i used my blackberry tethered to my laptop using internet connection sharing.

You play modern warfare 2 without any lag? what's your secret? I been using wired tether in world of warcraft and at best my latency is around 900ms.

Reaction score
well tethered with the blackberry definetly wasnt optimal performance, but now with the Verizon Mifi I rarely lag. Hosting isnt an option but gameplay is smooth as butter. I do live 2 miles from a tower.

robbversion1

Reaction score
well tethered with the blackberry definetly wasnt optimal performance, but now with the Verizon Mifi I rarely lag. Hosting isnt an option but gameplay is smooth as butter. I do live 2 miles from a tower.

i'm wondering if the wifi tether is faster than the wired on this droid.