droid to tv input cable?

n_to_it

Reaction score
Wondering if there is a cable that is sold to hook up the droid to a tv. In essence be able to use it as a movie player and send the signal to the tv for video and audio. We could install movies on our droid and simply view them tru our tv. Is there such an animal.

techguru

Reaction score
VZW has a few Windows Mobile devices that do this (HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, and I think the Omnia II might as well, need to check the manual on that. Cable is extra of course).

Alan

OP
N

n_to_it

Reaction score
could it be something than an app could accomplish. I was thinking micro usb to rca cables. But wasn't sure if the usb port on the phone could even send out sound or video. Maybe something the developers could tackle.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's an excellent question that pops up in many threads here.

FoFa

Reaction score
USB to Win 7 computer, via Media Center to your Xbox 360 to your TV

:icon_eek:

OK, I don't really know if that works, but it sounds good.

vtrider159

Reaction score
I could try the droid connected to my laptop with an HDMI connection to the TV and see if that works, I know the rumors of future android phones have mentioned hdmi's, but it's not something I'd jump and scream for lol.

OP
N

n_to_it

Reaction score
Lets take it a step further. Wouldn't a droid to projector connection be cool.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Some company has shown a projector small enough to fit inside current mobile phones. We should see them by the end of the year.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This would be an awesome feature...I would definitely invest some money in something that could accomplish this task!!

OP
N

n_to_it

Reaction score
Imagine the possibilities. this phone is awesome.

peterjariel

Reaction score
Hey guys try this app called twonky it makes ur phone a full media player to ur tv u can connect it to the xbox 360 or the ps3 and watch videos photos and music and if u see the comments on it some one sais that he was able to watch movies too. I haven't tryed it myself yet cause I've been busy but it sounds good. And by the way johny depth guy. U need to stop cause I just proved u wrong homie!! And of course I bet ur goin to come back and talk more sh** its ok!