droid to tv input cable?

onthemark

Reaction score
I need to find my cables, but my Ipod Video - 3 years old now had a cable that plugged into the audio jack at the top and then split a video and audio cable out the other end to hook to the tv. I used it to replay football videos on various tv sets at school for my football team.

Not sure of the details of how Apple and the Ipod did this, but would think an app could handle the coversion and kick out the data in a similar way.

Will let you know when I find those cables.

NorCalDroid

Reaction score
No need for an app for the PS3. Just connect your Droid to the PS3 via usb cable and mount it. Then on the PS3 open the files and select the movies. They play just fine. Except it isn't as good qualilty as Blu-ray lol.

vegainey

Reaction score
Hey guys try this app called twonky it makes ur phone a full media player to ur tv u can connect it to the xbox 360 or the ps3 and watch videos photos and music and if u see the comments on it some one sais that he was able to watch movies too. I haven't tryed it myself yet cause I've been busy but it sounds good. And by the way johny depth guy. U need to stop cause I just proved u wrong homie!! And of course I bet ur goin to come back and talk more sh** its ok!

Before you get too proud about proving someone wrong, you need to understand the solution you described. You didn't find a way to send a video signal out of any cable attached to your Droid. You simply found a way to share your files with another device that CAN send a video signal to your TV. That's like saying you can make your car go 400 mph, but to do it, you load it on a cargo jet. It's not the same. Referring back to the OP's original question. As of right now, no one has described any way to stream a video feed from your Droid to a TV.

It is a way to view videos from your Droid on a TV, but only if you have an XBox or PS3 involved to do the actual video streaming.

peterjariel

Reaction score
Hey guys try this app called twonky it makes ur phone a full media player to ur tv u can connect it to the xbox 360 or the ps3 and watch videos photos and music and if u see the comments on it some one sais that he was able to watch movies too. I haven't tryed it myself yet cause I've been busy but it sounds good. And by the way johny depth guy. U need to stop cause I just proved u wrong homie!! And of course I bet ur goin to come back and talk more sh** its ok!

Before you get too proud about proving someone wrong, you need to understand the solution you described. You didn't find a way to send a video signal out of any cable attached to your Droid. You simply found a way to share your files with another device that CAN send a video signal to your TV. That's like saying you can make your car go 400 mph, but to do it, you load it on a cargo jet. It's not the same. Referring back to the OP's original question. As of right now, no one has described any way to stream a video feed from your Droid to a TV.

It is a way to view videos from your Droid on a TV, but only if you have an XBox or PS3 involved to do the actual video streaming.

Alright first of all this is between me and johny depth and second of all there's not much of a difference between the cable or the xbox/ps3, the cable will transmit the video to the tv. And what is the xbox/ps3 goin to do uuuuummmmmmmm let me think I think its goin to do the same thing. And yes u can only do it if u have an xbox or ps3 but the same thing if there was a cable you would need the cable! So please keep demonstrations to ur self

Detonation

Reaction score

Alright first of all this is between me and johny depth and second of all there's not much of a difference between the cable or the xbox/ps3, the cable will transmit the video to the tv. And what is the xbox/ps3 goin to do uuuuummmmmmmm let me think I think its goin to do the same thing. And yes u can only do it if u have an xbox or ps3 but the same thing if there was a cable you would need the cable! So please keep demonstrations to ur self

You are a moron. I'm not going to waste time explaining why because you've already shown you are too incompetent to understand.

vegainey

Reaction score
I just tried TwonkyServer. It is a pretty Cool App.

TwonkyMedia Digital Home Forum • View topic - TwonkyServer Mobile is now available to all Android users!

It does NOT stream video from your Droid.

It DOES make the Droid a Network Sharing Device, and makes all of your Droid Media (Music, Pictures, Video) available to other Sharing devices on your network, such as Computers, PS3, XBox360, and even some newer TV's that have Media Sharing capability built in.

...and it works over Wi-Fi.

While it does NOT meet the specific requirements of the OP (to stream video to a TV over an attached cable), it is a pretty cool way to access all of your Droid Media from other Network Devices over a Wi-Fi connection.

peterjariel

Reaction score

TwonkyMedia Digital Home Forum • View topic - TwonkyServer Mobile is now available to all Android users!

It DOES make the Droid a Network Sharing Device, and makes all of your Droid Media (Music, Pictures, Video) available to other Sharing devices on your network, such as Computers, PS3, XBox360, and even some newer TV's that have Media Sharing capability built in.

While it does NOT meet the specific requirements of the OP (to stream video to a TV over an attached cable), it is a pretty cool way to access all of your Droid Media from other Network Devices over a Wi-Fi connection.
I'm not 100% sure if this is true but I heard that if u go in to Windows Media Center in the xbox you can watch the movies from ur phone I still haven't gotten around to try it yet so.... let me know if u can if u try it

vegainey

Reaction score

I'm not 100% sure if this is true but I heard that if u go in to Windows Media Center in the xbox you can watch the movies from ur phone I still haven't gotten around to try it yet so.... let me know if u can if u try it

Yes. just tested that theory. I used the Demo version of DVD Catalyst 3 to convert part of a DVD to a Movie File, and copied it to my Droid. Then, I started TwonkyServer Mobile on the Troid with Wi-Fi active, and Media Center on my Xbox360.

I was able to see and play the Movie without any problems. Obviously, video quality wasn't the best, but it was watchable.