Droid to Droid tether?

live2ride090

Reaction score
Just want to know if this possible. Here is why: I have a car radio that is android based, I wanted to be able to use my service through my phone to stereo just for the nav and apps download and all that. The stereo has all these but there is no service to it. It does have a Wifi adapter but I haven’t found a Wifi or even a usb plug into my phone program that will work yet, since most of these are made to work with a laptop not another droid. I probably need to write some program for this to work which is way over my head. I don’t know how this would be possible but I thought I would ask see if anyone has the same question as me? Please let me know, any information would help.

Thank you,
Jared

DROOIID

Reaction score
Android based car radio.. you have my attention.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

OP
L

live2ride090

Reaction score
Its is a Dynavin unit, I think they make it mostly for German cars. And thank you for the welcome :)

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I googled" Dynavin to droid" and found that some where using bluetooth. You could, dare I say it, wifi tether. But most of those apps are disappearing *and frowned upon lately. Google around, you should find some answers for both of those options. Theres even some forums for Dynavin units. Good luck

OP
L

live2ride090

Reaction score
Right on I am all those forums, just havent found something that worked yet. Thought I would post out to the Droid forum as well.

zman6900

Reaction score
I successfully connected my friends DX to my DX so I don't see why you'd have a problem.

Chimuel

Reaction score
Many android devices dont support "ad hoc" WiFi Connections, the Dynavin is one of these many devices. You need to make sure your phone supports Infrastructure WiFi connections.

Tested this a while back in my friend's E46... we were able to connect to the WiFi hotspot I set up on my phone. (We even took the SIM card out of the head unit).

I am very impressed with this system but the lack of capacitive touchscreen is disappointing.

mejim707

Reaction score
Hi, I am about to purchase one of the Dynavin Android units but I need to first know how to tether the unit to the droid x. Since you have experience doing this, and have confirmed it worked, could you please provide details on how to go about getting this done? Thanks a lot!

mejim707

Reaction score
Many android devices dont support "ad hoc" WiFi Connections, the Dynavin is one of these many devices. You need to make sure your phone supports Infrastructure WiFi connections.

Tested this a while back in my friend's E46... we were able to connect to the WiFi hotspot I set up on my phone. (We even took the SIM card out of the head unit).

I am very impressed with this system but the lack of capacitive touchscreen is disappointing.

I got the Dynavin Android E46 but I cannot get the phone to tether. I have a droid x. How did you get it to work? Are you using a droid x?

OP
L

live2ride090

Reaction score
What Phone?

Do you know what phones support this? I am getting a new phone so I want to make sure I get the right one. Thank you.