Micro USB to Ipod adapter for Car audio

Slntagent

Reaction score
Just curious to know if anyone found a good accessory or adapter of some sort which would allow you to plug your microUSB device to a car stereo that only has an ipod adapter? (to stream music/pandora, etc from your phone to your car stereo)

thanks

vschaos

Reaction score
I too am looking for something like this. I have a 2010 vw golf and it came with an IPOD/IPHONE hookup, but need an adapter to hookup the Samsung Showcase phone I bought yesterday.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious to know if anyone found a good accessory or adapter of some sort which would allow you to plug your microUSB device to a car stereo that only has an ipod adapter? (to stream music/pandora, etc from your phone to your car stereo)
If you intend to use this with your Droid, keep in mind that it does not output audio via the microUSB port. If your head unit supports mass storage mode devices you'll be able to access music stored on the microSD card though.

Also, I doubt that you can just connect something to an iPod interface and have it work. If you have a USB interface on your head unit that could be used though. It's not just a matter of getting a cable with the right connectors. The interface has to support the devices and vice versa.