Looking for micro USB/FM transmitter for car

MarkO

Reaction score
My car stereo does not have a 3.5mm stereo plug, nor a tape player, so I'm looking into an FM transmitter I can use with the Droid. But here's the catch, I'd prefer to be able to charge the droid as well. I know running Pandora will likely drain my battery on long trips.

Anyone know of such a product?

I guess the alternative is to get a 2:1 adapter where I can charge my droid and run the transmitter, but I really don't want a mess of wires.

AceDROID

Reaction score
I purchased this for my Droid... on Friday I think? And it got here today? (so one week)

FM Transmitter & Charger

Haven't been able to test it but it seems pretty good... charges and plays at the same time :)

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I purchased this for my Droid... on Friday I think? And it got here today? (so one week)

FM Transmitter & Charger

Haven't been able to test it but it seems pretty good... charges and plays at the same time :)
I looked at getting the same one...let me know what your thoughts are on it, as I think it's the best option for charging and FM Transmitting...

AceDROID

Reaction score
So, I just tried it out, and I must say, it is amazing. Sound quality wise is probably the best I have heard out of an FM adapter... With the added bonus of charging the Droid, and keeping it still (I used to hold it on my lap. GPS was a pain to look at haha) So I highly recommend it. =]

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
So, I just tried it out, and I must say, it is amazing. Sound quality wise is probably the best I have heard out of an FM adapter... With the added bonus of charging the Droid, and keeping it still (I used to hold it on my lap. GPS was a pain to look at haha) So I highly recommend it. =]

Sounds good - out of curiosity, what kind of car do you drive?

AceDROID

Reaction score
Sorry for the blurriness, I tried doing it one handed with the Droid... haha. =]

2010-03-05192508.jpg

2010-03-05192456.jpg

OP
M

MarkO

Reaction score
Excellent options guys. Most appreciated. I knew I liked this site for a reason. ;)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really don't want a mess of wires.
There's really no way around it. You're going to have to plug into the microUSB to charge and to the headphone jack for audio anyway.

Have you looked into line in adapters for your make & model? Audio quality would be much better if available.

JimmyD

Reaction score
takeshi is right.... it's really tough to get around the mess of wires...

HOWEVER....

These right-angle StarTech micro USB cables will help clean it up a little bit!!!! :)

I just found out about them last week. I will be ordering a 3 footer and a 6 footer (one for the car and one for a custom holder I'm building)

Keep in mind, I can not vouch for the quality (or lack of quality?) of these cables... I've never used a StarTech cable before...
..but I really like the right-angle bend!
:icon_ banana:
LINKS...
3 foot right-angle - 3 ft Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B - StarTech.com
6 foot right-angle - 6 ft Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B - StarTech.com

PICS!
UUSBHAUB3RA.Alarge.jpg

UUSBHAUB3RA.Blarge.jpg

pearldog

Reaction score
Will a phone with a case on it fit in the mount?

FM Transmitter & Charger

I have the HTC Droid Incredible and it is in the silicone case from Verizon. Is this transmitter adjustable where the phone locks into it? I am just worried that my phone may not fit in the mount and thereby defeating this feature for the transmitter.

alfnator

Reaction score

FM Transmitter & Charger

AceDroid have you had a chance to test it?

Also does anyone know if the usb power on the cradle will work with a micro usb port for the HTC evo 4g. It says that it comes with a usb charger but not a micro usb?

thanks