Moto Droid - Looking for FM Transmitter + Car Dock

stragabenz

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or asked but I couldn't find any info on it. So, I'm looking for a car dock similar to Ipodhttp://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1645528# docks that I can play my music through a FM transmitter and charge my phone at the same time. My friend was able to do it with his car but he had to use separate adapters one for charger and one for FM transmitter and had wires running all over the place, sorta messy. I just don't like carrying around two different devices and since my Droid has over 5gb of music it would but amazing if I could use it for my car.

Shusuke028

Reaction score

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I bought an FM transmitter and was able to get it into international mode so I could tune it to 87.7 and 87.9. But after two days I just couldn't stand the amount of static and unreliability that FM transmitters had.

I forked out 80.00 and bought a low end JVC head unit that has an auxiliary port so I dont have to worry about transmitting via FM transmitter.

I tried the Griffin and Belkin FM transmitters. Both were the same.

Belkin - Tunecast Auto FM Transmitter for Apple® iPod® and Most MP3 Players - Black - F8Z439-BBY

and

Griffin Technology - iTrip Auto Universal Plus FM Transmitter and Charger - 7259-TRIPU

AltimateJP

Reaction score
Here's an alternate car mounting solution if you want to mount your DROID on the windshield (which makes it easier to use Google maps navigation). Try a Seidio car kit combined with a Gomadic FM transmitter/charger. Make sure you order a Mini-USB tip separately from Gomadic, because the FM transmitter only comes with a Micro-USB tip. The USB tips for the Gomadic transmitter/charger are exchangeable. The Seidio car mount requires the Mini-USB connection. This is the setup that I use and it works well, although the FM transmitter could be better quality.