DROID Tethering coming in 2010 for 15$

pilot25

Reaction score
I did that for a few months with my BB and found out you can tether it for free. Several programs out there will tether it with no monthly payment.

texasPI

Reaction score
I don't think that tells the whole story. It'll be $15 if you're on the $45 data plan and $30 if you're on the $30 data plan. It comes out to $60 either way so you just subtract your data plan from $60 and get the price for tethering.

Last edited:

cgaliffi

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was bummed when I first heard that the Droid couldn't tether. I use this feature with my BB quite a bit. And yes Texas you are correct on the pricing since I use this feature.

texasPI

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was bummed when I first heard that the Droid couldn't tether. I use this feature with my BB quite a bit. And yes Texas you are correct on the pricing since I use this feature.

I used to use it...company quit paying for it so i dumped it. But I do miss it sometimes. i suspect i wont as much with this huge screen on the Droid! :icon_ banana:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't think that tells the whole story. It'll be $15 if you're on the $45 data plan and $30 if you're on the $30 data plan. It comes out to $60 either way so you just subtract your data plan from $60 and get the price for tethering.

maybe not because i have tethering($15.00) on my blackberry and BIS($29.00) so it comes to 44 per month.... from what i understand it will be the same...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well as already stated somehow i think people are going to skirt this 5GB limit, by tethering not through the verizon app.

texasPI

Reaction score

maybe not because i have tethering($15.00) on my blackberry and BIS($29.00) so it comes to 44 per month.... from what i understand it will be the same...

Interesting...is that for the unlimited (5gb) plan? Heck, I'd add it back on for $15.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Interesting...is that for the unlimited (5gb) plan? Heck, I'd add it back on for $15.

yeah its for the unlimited... well its not really unlimited its capped at 5GB but they call it unlimited.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ATT calls it the same thing. Unlimited capped data plan. Way to go at confusing the customers verizon, ATT, and if the others do it then yay for them.

OP
Getaphixx

Getaphixx

Reaction score
I'm thinking Cellular Corporations are like Politicans...

GREEDY ASS FUCKERS...

NO DOUBT!

Always some kind of loophole or backdoor to policy or sales pitch..

It's fucking disgusting..

WTB the DROID though!!!

=P