Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
fryz to you have gtalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if he is not rooted there are 2 solutions. take it to vzw and get another device or fix it with rsdlite.

sremex

Reaction score
if he is not rooted there are 2 solutions. take it to vzw and get another device or fix it with rsdlite.

This is exactly what I said early. This way if he takes it in they verizon store they can use rsdlite to try and fix it, instead of him, in which if he makes it worse he may void his warranty.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
let me get some background info.

How long have you had your droid
obviously you are not rooted
how comfortable with the android os.

I ask this because if you are new to android it makes no sense for me to give you an rsdlite file right off the back.

do me a favor. Power off (if it does not shut off pull your battery). push up on the control pad (up being toward the screen) and power. You should boot into the bootloader. Tell me what it says.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

This is exactly what I said early. This way if he takes it in they verizon store they can use rsdlite to try and fix it, instead of him, in which if he makes it worse he may void his warranty.

with rsdlite it is nearly impossible to mess anything up. His problem may be a hardware issue. To truly be sure he can run rsalite himself.
I doubt vzw is going to run rsdlite at the store. Instead they will hand him a new device.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
watch this video real quick. You are going to follow those steps except instead of 2.1 ese 81 you are going to install 2.01 stock. I am going to get that file for you...but watch this video while I go get it:

[video=youtube;UL167EAIYjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL167EAIYjc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Installing Android 2.2 on the Motorola DROID[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Download the following files:
  1. Install RSD Lite. Unzip the file and run the msi file
  2. Install the drivers.
Now we have RSD Lite installed which when running will let us flash some SBF files.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;9udWx-KXwGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9udWx-KXwGY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Flashing SPRecovery SBF File to a Motorola Droid[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
problem solved closing the thread. Rsdlite fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.