Droid smart dialing options?

Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else finding the “voice dialer” ridiculously inaccurate?
I have much better accuracy with the Google voice search (and more information available). Other than the fact I frequently select the standard search ( Quick search box) as opposed to the small microphone tab that sits too close together. Does anyone have any nice application alternatives?

Additionally, does anyone know of any good smart dialing applications for the Droid?

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont know of any more accurate apps but yes i am not the biggest fan of the whole voice dialing type technology. I like the little animation when you tap someone's picture too much :D

On a side note the Voice Search is extremely accurate, it's only been wrong once or twice.

OP

Reaction score
On a side note the Voice Search is extremely accurate, it's only been wrong once or twice.

I agree, the Voice search is very accurate. The Voice dialer on the other hand is worthless......

Laurence5905

Reaction score

I agree, the Voice search is very accurate. The Voice dialer on the other hand is worthless......

+1 here. Voice Dialer is complete garbage, whereas Voice Search is amazing! I love how I can speak an address and Google Nav will get it right almost 100% of the time. In fact, the only time I've ever had Voice Search fail is when there's been a lot of talking in the background (like at a party, for example.)