Droid slow and freezes after update...

crosstx

Reaction score
Ever since my last update my phone has been different in a bad way, it freezes up, randomly powers off and back on, does not say DROID all cool on boot up screen instead it does a crappy ring, and the stupid voice command comes on if it hit home key(plz tell me there is a way to turn this off!)
I wish I could go back to before the update.
Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
you can change what double tapping the home button does in settings, but thats it. alot of reboot issues are caused from junk apps, or old app data that doesn't jive with new framework or permissions. My phone was alot better after the update. Have you thought about doing a factory reset? I've heard it helps some people, or sbf'ing and starting over? or just clearing out apps for a couple days to see if it helps? if you decide to reset just be sure to backup your contacts to gmail. But I would also wait for a second opinion on this. Oh and also, the crappy ring is it telling you your sd card is being mounted, you can change it.

OP
C

crosstx

Reaction score
where in settings can I change the home key? I cant figure it out lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok so i'll chime in here and say that i agree with trook that a factory reset may be just what youre looking for, but only if things dont improve over time.

as for the droid sound on startup, do you have the droid sound set up as your default notification tone? in my experience, when my notification tone is the droid sound, that is the sound it makes on startup when the sd card gets mounted. however if i set the notification tone to something alse, that is when it plays the nasty ringing noise.