DROID: Sending emails or texts to multiple recipients?

Etowndude4life

Reaction score
Is there a way to send an email or text message to multiple recipients without having to type out each recipient's name?

I realize that you can send a text message to multiple people in this fashion: Home > Messaging > Menu > More > All threads > New Message. (BTW, that is waaaay too many button presses.) Then keep selecting the "To" line and begin typing the (next) recipient's name. Yes, as you type the name, you get predictions for completing that name based on your Contacts.

What I am wondering is if there is some way to select the "To" field and then open your Contacts list. Then you could scroll through and check (or uncheck) names of people to receive your message. If that person has multiple numbers, a submenu should pop up asking for which number.

Just one reason for this is that it is often not obvious right away who should receive your message. As I scroll through my Contacts, that often jogs my memory of who should be on the distribution. Plus, it can be a pain to have to type out each individual's name, even with predictive completion.

(Maybe I'm just too much of a noob to these kinds of phones, but typing requires two hands. If I'm just scrolling and selecting, I can usually get away with one hand.)

Same goes for emails. I'd like to be able to select the "To" (or "Cc") fields, open the Contacts list, and then quickly scroll through and select/unselect. This would be similar to using Gmail in a full-blown browser on a PC. When on the "Compose Mail" page, "To" is a clickable link that opens your Contacts in a separate window and lets pick which ones very easily. It even allows filtering by Groups.

Is there some way to do any of this? An app perhaps? I don't see anything in the native features...

TehGods

Reaction score
I know with the sms bomber app, you can go through your contacts and place checkmarks next to the contacts you want to message.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk