Droid SD Card Error.

DasaniArmani

Reaction score
This is literally the strangest thing I have ever seen. My SD card was working perfectly fine up until about 2 weeks ago. I recently tried adding pictures and music to my SD card via my computer. I would move the music and images over to the SD card and watch as the progress bar showed the completion of the transfer. I would proceed to unplug the SD card and look for my music. The new songs were nowhere to be found. I just assumed this was a simple glitch and pulled out the SD card and re-entered it and restarted the phone. Still didn't work. I then went online and looked for the error. I found something about reformatting the SD card. I
tried that and it didn't work either. I then read something about a file that was called smdl2tmp1.ascl or something that caused errors in SD cards. I could not find it on my SD card. I then tried to literally via my computer rip everything off my SD card and delete after backing it up. I backed up all the files and watched the progress bar complete the transfer. Everything came from the card perfectly fine. I then proceeded to completely delete everything from the card. I watched my computer delete all 1.5G. I then unplugged it, plugged it back into my computer and everything was still there. Not one thing had been deleted. I tried again and it was still incapable of deleting a single item. I am at my wits end here trying to simply CLEAR the SD card. Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have a Droid X btw.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you have an SD card reader? You can format it straight on your PC and try plugging it back into your device.

OP
DasaniArmani

DasaniArmani

Reaction score
I'm out at a friends house at the moment and wont be back until tomorrow and all they have is a mac with no SD reader. I have a desktop and didn't bring it with me. As soon as I get back tomorrow I'll take a look for a SD reader. Thanks for the help.

OP
DasaniArmani

DasaniArmani

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, my computer has an SD card reader, but not a micro SD reader. It is much too small to fit in the regular SD reader.