droid screen is going crazy

mokokanee

Reaction score
My droid screen is activating applications on its own. Pop up screen at the bottom pops up and down repeatedly. I pull the green bar over to open the application screen and several icons start blinking on their own.
Do i have some virus or what...mokokanee

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did the screen get wet, was the phone dropped recently?

Is the phone plugged into a "cheapo" charger? Non-stock chargers have been known to make the phone's screen act all possessed with a mind of its own. Unplugging from such a charger makes such activity stop.

If it continues I'd call up Verizon.

banderbe

Reaction score
I'm running CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1 and use the charger that came with the phone. I treat the phone like a baby.

I have on rare occasion seen the phone just go ape sh*t. Literally as if someone else were using it and randomly clicking icons and firing off menus. The only solution is a battery pull.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
90% sure it isn't a virus.

If it is happening constantly I'd back up your current rom and settings and try restoring one of your backups. You also could try installing a different rom. Meanwhile, having had posted the rom you are on will help as we'll see if others experience the same thing.

Now knowing you're rooted I take back the advice of calling Verizon for the next step:)