Crazy Screen Hypothesis

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
My Droid has been having the issue where the screen goes crazy and the shade comes down, it dials number and so forth. This does not happen when it's charging. I am using the Moto charger that came with the phone.

I think I know why this is happening. I believe that it's when I'm statically charged that it flips out. I moved to a new house with carpets and just started to notice it. Seems like when I'm in my room with carpets the screen goes crazy when I use it. After walking around and touching things it stops going crazy.

I noticed this after being able to hover over a button and the Droid would push it, even though it only worked on the top right of the screen.

I think the screen uses static to detect if it's touched?

Anyone have any ideas to test this theory?

Or solutions?

Last edited:

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you are using a 3rd party charger

and that is why

edit: oh and the screen senses the tiny amount of electricity flowing through your skin to detect input. very possible static can mess with it

OP
C

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
you are using a 3rd party charger

and that is why

edit: oh and the screen senses the tiny amount of electricity flowing through your skin to detect input. very possible static can mess with it

No, I am not. I'm using the charger that came with the phone as I don't have any other MicroUSB.

I had a chance to test some of this today. When I woke up my finger seemed to have no input on the screen. So as I was trying to unlock it I touched a wall outlet (something that was grounded) and right as I did I was able to unlock the phone, and everything started working again. I want to try it when the phone starts freaking out.

Isn't the phone supposed to have a ground in order to prevent these types of issues from occurring?

Last edited: