Droid screen blank...

Jejackson

Reaction score
I've read this specific problem on here several times but never found a solution so maybe someone else who has dealt with this could tell me...

My screen went completely blank, the phone boots up and the screen is responsive but there is no image. The touch sensitive icons light up and also respond to touch. I don't think my SD card is loading nor the phone connecting to the 3G network (my SD card worked fine in another droid). I've been rooted to 2.2 for almost a week and I don't think it's te reason to my problem but a potential cause to another one.

My questions are:
Has anyone been able to successfully blind unroot their Droid, and if not has anyone successfully returned a rooted Droid with a blank screen to Verizon and received a replacement phone with no problem? Thanks for the help and extra thanks if you respond tonight!

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try a battery pull and reboot

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! I can't help you with your problem but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can. Good luck!

OP
J

Jejackson

Reaction score
Sorry I should have been more detailed...
There is no hope to get the screen back on except some sort of black magic, I've tried everything...

OP
J

Jejackson

Reaction score
Comgrats it's like getting a new phone isn't it?

I miss my Droid:(

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try booting into bootloader and see if RSD will recognize it

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Who do you think :icon_eek:

OP
J

Jejackson

Reaction score
Cory did you read the title of this thread?

Titans RSD did not recognize the phone in the boot loader. I can tell it is in the boot loader because the screen doesn't vibrate when i touch where the unlock switch would be...

OP
J

Jejackson

Reaction score
Titans...I lied to you RSD does read it the phone in bootloader, my first few attempts wer unsuccessful I guess. I am in the process of downloading the VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf file (stock 2.0.1) to see if my problem will be fixed.

OP
J

Jejackson

Reaction score
the unroot was successful the fix was not. I guess I will be returning this to Verizon tomorrow and maybe I'll get lucky and I can swap for a Droid X for $50...if they have any...