Droid running slow and apps force closing

ntice

Reaction score
All of a sudden my droid is going nuts. I get a text alert and it takes forever to open, forever to get the keyboard to show up.

Applications including the PHONE app are force closing.

has this happened to anyone else? Should i wipe clean and start over (painful I have everything so well organized in folders with abc app etc) but I will do it if it will help.

Amazing phone, so powerful, but it's making it unusable.
thanks

J*Bishop

Reaction score
A little more info would probably help. Are you rooted? Have you tried rebooting the phone? Did this issue start after a new app was installed? If so, have you tried uninstalling it? Have you checked what services are running in the background? The list can go on.

OP
N

ntice

Reaction score
sorry, I am not rooted, I use advanced task killer regularly. I reboot all the time. I uninstalled some apps I wasn't using hoping it would improve things. I updated a bunch of programs the other day. Hard to say which one it is. Panda home updated, I love it and it never seemed to slow things down before.
I hope this helps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry, I am not rooted, I use advanced task killer regularly. I reboot all the time. I uninstalled some apps I wasn't using hoping it would improve things. I updated a bunch of programs the other day. Hard to say which one it is. Panda home updated, I love it and it never seemed to slow things down before.
I hope this helps.

First, get rid of ATK. You don't need it please read this thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

Panda home may have something to so with it too, but get rid of ATK. That will muck up your Droid.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
What hookbill said basically. Also, why are you always rebooting? The only times I reboot are when I delete or install an app.

Last edited:
OP
N

ntice

Reaction score
ok thanks I had no idea atk was not a good a good idea. I will try that first. I reboot because when it starts to run slowly or drive me crazy or the screen becomes unresponsive reboot.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
From personal experience and a lot of read ATK = worthless and there is no real worth while home replacement either. They are all eventually causing problems. I would root and find a nice theme....faster and more stable.

OP
N

ntice

Reaction score
ok I really like Panda home. i will get rid of atk first and see what happens. Now that I've learned how to make folders with icons and place things in them I can get away with 3 screens. Rooting sounds involved but I'll take another look tomorrow when things are less hectic. Thanks again to everyone for the help!
Nancy