Force close on sms

peachyhd1

Reaction score
I don't like that I can't sign out of my email acct. Is there a way to set that up so that I can?

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I get the force close message on the stock message app as well as the non-gmail email setup. I did a hard reset last night and have already gotten the message once today from the message program with very little use.

rogo43

Reaction score
i also get this alot. im not really sure what the deal is and regardless of force quitting or click wait, the unit works fine after that.

GeLopez

Reaction score
to the op

i usually make the phone rotate and rotate back and that prevents it from going into a force close. all that only if i leave the phone to go to sleep while in the msg screen.

in a few words, yes it also happens to me

Augie

Reaction score
I have seen this regularly when going to the SMS app after a screen timeout and unlocking the phone again. If you hit the wait option when you are prompted it usually starts responding. I may have to make a call to VZ or stop in the store for this one.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
yeah but mine does it regardless of where i am at. i could close the text message window and back out to the home screen. and let the phone go to sleep. get a text message and then open it up and its stuck. or ill try and type a text and it acts like its typing but it wont actually be going into the box. but i just got my replacement droid from vzw yesterday and i will how that works.

I have to tell you it's a bit of a relief to hear this issue mentioned (typing but nothing is coming out). I turned in one phone for various issues, this one included, and the new one was doing the same on my third text on it. But I don't seem to get the "force close" message that much, just seem to have a non-responsive keyboard.

Anyone who has tried the stock message app and gone to something like handcent - any feedback on if this situation improves with a Market app instead?

Thanks for posting this, I thought I was just really bad at using the android keyboard. :)