droid ringtone problems fixed!!!

brandonc

Reaction score
I have not been able to set a default ringtone for the longest time. I tried everything but a factory reset which I did not want to do at all. I just found the easiest way to fix the problem. I have contacts group u, which is an app to group contacts (obviously) after I kept trying to set a default in my ringtone apps and fix it in settings, I selected all my contacts in the contact group app and set the ringtone. It was a hell of a lot easier than selecting each contact one by one and now my phone actually rings. I hope this solves the problem for everyone else, it worked for me. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum brandon! thanks for the great tip!

amajamar

Reaction score
What problem were you correcting? Please clarify what the original problem was. Thanks, and welcome to the forum! :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Setting default ringtone for contacts wouldn't take. Resetting ringtone for all contacts works around the problem. But what was causing the problem? Would a factory reset really fix the root problem? I tend to think so. Should we all do a factory reset since updating to 2.1? How often should we factory reset?