Not your avg. ringtone problem

rhinoj

Reaction score
I had the same issue. The assigned ringtones would work properly for a little after re-booting the phone, but would not work properly a shorttime after. This went on for a long time and I finally went to a Verizon store where the tech told me that he was aware of this problem. He flashed my phone and after a couple of months, it still rings properly.

By the way, I have my ringtones grouped into the media/audio/ringtones file format like others.

will.anaya

Reaction score
my problem started yesterday when my preset ringtones for certain numbers were suddenly changed to my music files.

none of these files are in my ringtone folder but all of a sudden i am listening to the opening lines of gabriel iglesias for one ringtone and then blackeye peas for another.

however, this only occurred for a few of the contacts, all the others were normal, untouched.

strange, waiting for it to happen again.

i did download a battery app before it started to occur and i recently uninstalled it. will wait for the results.

Taegost

Reaction score
my problem started yesterday when my preset ringtones for certain numbers were suddenly changed to my music files.

none of these files are in my ringtone folder but all of a sudden i am listening to the opening lines of gabriel iglesias for one ringtone and then blackeye peas for another.

however, this only occurred for a few of the contacts, all the others were normal, untouched.

strange, waiting for it to happen again.

i did download a battery app before it started to occur and i recently uninstalled it. will wait for the results.

Y'know, I started having these weird issues with my contacts and stuff, and at first I thought it was just because I upgraded to the new version of CyanogenMod... But after doing some research and seeing posts like this, I'm beginning to wonder if that was just coincidence...
First I had an issue with my Facebook contacts sync'ing properly, which I had to remove all the Facebook data completely and re-install it...
During that time I also noticed that my notifications got all switched around, suddenly I had entire Metallica songs being played for EACH notification... And now, some times my custom ring tones work fine when I get calls, other times they don't...
I'm wondering if I should do a wipe and restore at this point...
My issues started around the same time that everyone else seems to have experienced them as well...

will.anaya

Reaction score
since my last post, i have yet encountered those problems. not sure if it was the last app i installed and then uninstalled but my ringtones are fine.

i too was wondering if i should wipe everything and start anew, but then, a little fat guy showed up on my shoulder and suggested instead of that, i should watch tv. so i turned on the television instead.

maybe a glitch or something.