Not your avg. ringtone problem

bakabreath

Reaction score
I've set custom ringtones for contacts that I frequently get calls from. When the first call from a contact comes through, the ringtone works perfectly fine. When the next call from the same contact comes through, I get the system's default ringtone. Does anyone else have this problem?

Friend-O

Reaction score
I continue to have this exact problem and it's driving me crazy. Does anyone have an explanation or solution for this problem? Anyone? Please?

mark729

Reaction score
here one more person that have same problem. drives me crazeeeee~~

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no idea, i have not tried this. my mom has had this problem at least 3 times on her enV3, but I think that's user error.

bump

ebarcus

Reaction score
any other apps controlling your ringtones? like local? i deleted that after i set up to many options, check to see that first, and i havent had the issue but i will try to replicate it for you today later

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I've set custom ringtones for contacts that I frequently get calls from. When the first call from a contact comes through, the ringtone works perfectly fine. When the next call from the same contact comes through, I get the system's default ringtone. Does anyone else have this problem?

Do you have your ringtones in a folder called ringtones?

mark729

Reaction score
All reingtones have to be in the rigntones folder?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not sure if they "have" to be.....might help narrow down the issue....

All reingtones have to be in the rigntones folder?

Friend-O

Reaction score
Speaking for myself, yes, all my ringtones are in a ringtones folder. As far as Locale, yes, I am currently using it, but I've had this problem since day one...long before I started using Locale.

OP
B

bakabreath

Reaction score
I've read a whole bunch of threads about this same problem ever since I started this one. No one seems to have a solution. I recently tried something drastic and put all of my ringtones in a folder on my SD card like this:

media > audio > ringtones

It was a pain to reassign all the personal ringtones after moving them, but even though the first call that came through disappointingly had the same stock ringtone, every call after that had the personalized ones (so far).

Is anyone else willing to try it to see if that does the trick?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've read a whole bunch of threads about this same problem ever since I started this one. No one seems to have a solution. I recently tried something drastic and put all of my ringtones in a folder on my SD card like this:

media > audio > ringtones

It was a pain to reassign all the personal ringtones after moving them, but even though the first call that came through disappointingly had the same stock ringtone, every call after that had the personalized ones (so far).

Is anyone else willing to try it to see if that does the trick?

Hi, Bakabreath,
On the first day I had my phone I created a directory called "media" on the SD card. Then in the media directory I created a subdirectory called "audio". Then in the audio directory created subdirectories called "notifications", "ringtones", and "alarms". Then I just dropped my files into the appropriate folder, and assigned ringtones to contacts.

For notifications: media/audio/notifications
For ringtones: media/audio/ringtones
For alarms: media/audio/alarms

That's worked for me and after a couple of months I've had no issues at all. Each assigned ringtone works each time. Maybe it has to do with where the ringtones are on the Droid???

Semidone2

Reaction score
Speaking for myself, yes, all my ringtones are in a ringtones folder. As far as Locale, yes, I am currently using it, but I've had this problem since day one...long before I started using Locale.

Same here...still with issue. Even those ringtones that came from a ringtone 'app' don't work.

beeray

Reaction score
My droid was rooted and I lost the stock ringtone "droid invasion" Is there a place to redownload it?

Thanks
Rochelle