droid replacement questions

Reaction score
I have some questions about the manufactor warrenty. I did not get extended warrenty. Just bought the phone and took the one year warrenty that I think it came with. I have a quarky slider/loose screen/and messed up headphone Jack I hear a bunch of static whenever my phone moves around in my pocket (main reason why I want a refurb). Are these good enough reasons to get a refurb phone? And if it is what do I have to do? Go into the verizon store and show them or call customer support? And also if I get a refurb are these problems likely going to be worse with a refurb?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you wanting to get a new android device or you just want to do an exchange. Because the refurb may be a good refurb. And I believe after 3 bad refurbs you can get a diff device, but that would be unethical to use that to get a d2 or dx IMO.

OP
J
Reaction score
No I love the droid and I want to stay with it as long as the phone corporates (no quirky slider or messed up headphone jack or a loose screen)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah expect to get a refurb. My apologies thought you was asking away to get a new device the "slick" way. But if after so many bad refurbs I believe they have to give you a new one, but do not quote me on that

OP
J
Reaction score
yeah I was just am wondering the steps involved to get a refurb and also if my problems are big enough to get one.

Last edited:

eliassami5

Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with a referb, they are just as good as a brand new phone out of the factory. Verizon doesn't even call them referb's anymore, they call them certified like new.

OP
J
Reaction score
So what are the steps involved do I have to bring my droid into the store or do I call them

hashsi99

Reaction score
So what are the steps involved do I have to bring my droid into the store or do I call them

you can just call them.

I ordered a refurb, received it, and I rejected it. It had chips in the bezel. So I called and told (verizon) I was sending it back. The lady said she'd send out another one. This time, however, I received a brand new one. Original packaging, battery, memory card, charger, everything.

Maybe they were running low on refurbs? Maybe I just got lucky...:icon_ banana:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
yeah expect to get a refurb. My apologies thought you was asking away to get a new device the "slick" way. But if after so many bad refurbs I believe they have to give you a new one, but do not quote me on that

I don't think they are doing that anymore unless you have an open upgrade. the reason I say this is because we were on our 5th refurbished LG Touch for my daughter within the first year of her owning it and they refused to give us a new device unless we had an open upgrade. We finally got fed up and used an upgrade to get her the Incredible.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it is their fault I keep getting bad refurbs, I will not use an upgrade. Heck I will expect an free early upgrade. Its one thing if its my fault, but if its the company fault then that will not happen at all.