Droid Razr Xt912 stuck in safe mode

721luky

Reaction score
everytime i select power off, it boots back into ap fastboot and i have to select boot normally and it starts back up in safe mode again

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
everytime i select power off, it boots back into ap fastboot and i have to select boot normally and it starts back up in safe mode again
Do you have a custom recovery on your phone like Safestrap?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
i can install it with razr utility but i wouldnt be able to access it due to being stuck in safe mode.
Did you buy your phone new or did you buy it from a friend/craigslist/ebay etc. The reason I ask is that it sounds like you have something like Safestrap on your phone already. Go into system recovery...after the phone boots into fastboot mode, scroll down to recovery mode and select by pressing the volume up button. You will be taken to a black screen with an Android laying on its back with a red "!" in its belly. Press both volume up and volume down keys simultaneously, that will take you to stock recovery...it takes about 10 seconds. Once in recovery scroll down do wipe data/factory reset. That should but you phone back to stock, just like it came out of the box. You will have to download and install your 3rd party apps, but you'll have a fresh start. Then you can root, choose a custom recovery and flash roms if that is what you want.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

I'm wondering if he doesn't have a button stuck that's forcing him into safe mode.

I'd love to see a screen shot of the phone in safe mode to satisfy my suspicions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP

721luky

Reaction score
Did you buy your phone new or did you buy it from a friend/craigslist/ebay etc. The reason I ask is that it sounds like you have something like Safestrap on your phone already. Go into system recovery...after the phone boots into fastboot mode, scroll down to recovery mode and select by pressing the volume up button. You will be taken to a black screen with an Android laying on its back with a red "!" in its belly. Press both volume up and volume down keys simultaneously, that will take you to stock recovery...it takes about 10 seconds. Once in recovery scroll down do wipe data/factory reset. That should but you phone back to stock, just like it came out of the box. You will have to download and install your 3rd party apps, but you'll have a fresh start. Then you can root, choose a custom recovery and flash roms if that is what you want.
the volume down key does not work due to water damage i am soon going to try the alcohol soak to remove possible erosion

jasabbs83

Reaction score
the volume down key does not work due to water damage i am soon going to try the alcohol soak to remove possible erosion

Hey, this same thing just happened to my razr maxx as well. Dropped it in water a few days ago and after the rise and alcohol trick, everything is working except for the volume rockers registering when pressed. Did you ever figure yours out?