Droid Razr with OFFICIAL ICS

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Fact is, that its not "official" for pure fact that it is not publicly available from Motorola itself. It was gotten by use of an exploit. Cheesecake is not a Motorola approved method of retrieving items from its servers.

This. In fact, one could easily say that the update was actually stolen, which is against eBay's rules.

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
When a seller says" YOU CAN TRUST ME NOT STOLEN" in all caps, you know you can't trust him at all lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BagMan

Reaction score
Well then you endure maybe some force closes, data drops, or whatever else may be wrong since it's not technically finished.
Well at least that explains the stock 2.3 I already have... LOL

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the 2.3.5 in the description is simply Ebay's generic description of the phone. You can choose to include (or not) that info when you post an ad with a simple check mark if I remember right.

I sent him a message and basically told him, "hey, this is how I'm tied into the Android community and how I know the info I'm sharing with you... and you seem to be a very reputable seller... you need to know this ....yada yada yada... and that this could potentially hurt your reputation if the buyer gets stuck down the road or if you were sold this phone on false info." That's the short version of it, but basically I tried to be diplomatic about it. And in all honesty, if he does have a good rep, I don't want to see him get burned by believing he's selling something he's not. This was his response last night:

Dear jnt,

Thanks for the concern. My cousin works for Moto in NY, and this phone was given to me as a gift. This is what he and other moto reps are using on their Maxxs and the new "razr" that will be released very soon (cannot say much about that).

This phone will be able to officially be updated when the next ICS update comes along.

But in all seriousness thank you for letting me know that. I called my cousin and asked him that and he assured me that i was not selling a dud. lol.

- rnd-sales

So, who knows... given that the "Fighter" is supposedly around the corner, there could very well be some truth to this. And what Dave said earlier (I think it was Dave?) might be right... it could be Moto's final version, just not fully approved through VZW yet.

:blink:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know the title of this thread, thanks to Google, has probably brought a lot more traffic to his ad as well. :)

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
FWIW, the 2.3.5 in the description is simply Ebay's generic description of the phone. You can choose to include (or not) that info when you post an ad with a simple check mark if I remember right.

I sent him a message and basically told him, "hey, this is how I'm tied into the Android community and how I know the info I'm sharing with you... and you seem to be a very reputable seller... you need to know this ....yada yada yada... and that this could potentially hurt your reputation if the buyer gets stuck down the road or if you were sold this phone on false info." That's the short version of it, but basically I tried to be diplomatic about it. And in all honesty, if he does have a good rep, I don't want to see him get burned by believing he's selling something he's not. This was his response last night:

Dear jnt,

Thanks for the concern. My cousin works for Moto in NY, and this phone was given to me as a gift. This is what he and other moto reps are using on their Maxxs and the new "razr" that will be released very soon (cannot say much about that).

This phone will be able to officially be updated when the next ICS update comes along.

But in all seriousness thank you for letting me know that. I called my cousin and asked him that and he assured me that i was not selling a dud. lol.

- rnd-sales

So, who knows... given that the "Fighter" is supposedly around the corner, there could very well be some truth to this. And what Dave said earlier (I think it was Dave?) might be right... it could be Moto's final version, just not fully approved through VZW yet.

:blink:

Strange that he said the phone was a gift but earlier it was his "personal","new phone" that he had gotten from Best Buy (post 14 of this thread). What a Liar

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, with the new information he gave, perhaps the device SHOULDN'T be listed on eBay? The way he claimed it was his personally purchased device when casually asked, but admits he got it from his cousin at Motorola when further questioned makes me wonder if this is one of those "Property of Motorola - Do Not Sell" types of deal? Given that possibility, I would be leery about purchasing it; because if Motorola caught wind that it was out in the wild the MEID may end up blacklisted.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My maxx has ics on it. Dang sticky fingers!!!! Thank god for my otterbox defender.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I looked at the bidding history, and so far the winning bidder has bid 12 times, 1/2 of which show are bidding against themselves... It's been a long time since I actually have bid on eBay, I normally do the buy it now, did he just outbid whoever bid in between and we don't see the in between bidder, hope that makes sense I have been drinking a lil. But if that is the case how come we see the in between bidder on other times.

Maybe it will make more sense to me in the morning!! on a side note maybe he is the bidder trying to boost the price.

Reaction score
I looked at the bidding history, and so far the winning bidder has bid 12 times, 1/2 of which show are bidding against themselves... It's been a long time since I actually have bid on eBay, I normally do the buy it now, did he just outbid whoever bid in between and we don't see the in between bidder, hope that makes sense I have been drinking a lil. But if that is the case how come we see the in between bidder on other times.

Maybe it will make more sense to me in the morning!! on a side note maybe he is the bidder trying to boost the price.

Yeah, the way Ebay works is in increments. Say the highest bid is $500 and a bidder says they are willing to go up to $600, it will only show $501 initially, then each time someone tries to bid higher than $501 but less than $600, the bid goes up for the guy who already bid up to $600 but will not show who tried to bid in between. Then if someone bid $601, they will show up.

Also, for the user who keeps defending this guy saying he may not be a crook. That is ludicrous. He claims it to be the "final" official build on his post....but in an email response to someone who posted here he admits it is the leak and he admits to loading the leak on himself. He also switched his story from it being a phone he purchased from best buy to it being a gift from a cousin with ics already on it. Either way the guy is an obvious liar.

As for his satisfied customers......sure they were satisfied at first but who is to say later they didn't realize they had been had but the posting is too old to update? If this buyer gets this phone with ics, they will surely be happy.....at first. But when the official ics ota is released later, they will be left with a phone off the path and it may be too late to change their satisfied rating.

Remember, this leak was built to upgrade from 6.12.173....but since 6.12.181 is slowly rolling out, we can be sure the official final build of ics will have to upgrade from 181, or even a later build.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Lownignitus

Reaction score
Yeah, the way Ebay works is in increments. Say the highest bid is $500 and a bidder says they are willing to go up to $600, it will only show $501 initially, then each time someone tries to bid higher than $501 but less than $600, the bid goes up for the guy who already bid up to $600 but will not show who tried to bid in between. Then if someone bid $601, they will show up.

Also, for the user who keeps defending this guy saying he may not be a crook. That is ludicrous. He claims it to be the "final" official build on his post....but in an email response to someone who posted here he admits it is the leak and he admits to loading the leak on himself. He also switched his story from it being a phone he purchased from best buy to it being a gift from a cousin with ics already on it. Either way the guy is an obvious liar.

As for his satisfied customers......sure they were satisfied at first but who is to say later they didn't realize they had been had but the posting is too old to update? If this buyer gets this phone with ics, they will surely be happy.....at first. But when the official ics ota is released later, they will be left with a phone off the path and it may be too late to change their satisfied rating.

Remember, this leak was built to upgrade from 6.12.173....but since 6.12.181 is slowly rolling out, we can be sure the official final build of ics will have to upgrade from 181, or even a later build.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Ya what he said

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I get what you both are saying and that is what I thought but this is the part I don't get... you have to increase your bid by 10.00 over current bid and these are the bids I am referring to

m***e( 85)

US $495.01

Apr-18-12 12:13:56 PDT

m***e( 85)

US $485.01

Apr-18-12 12:13:47 PDT

m***e( 85)

US $475.01

Apr-18-12 04:05:02 PDT

m***e( 85)

US $465.01

Apr-18-12 04:04:52 PDT

m***e( 85)

US $455.01

Apr-14-12 16:20:29 PDT

i***i( 0 )

US $450.01

Apr-14-12 11:34:53 PDT

Lownignitus

Reaction score
Well say that guy set a max price to bid of $500. If the real bid is $400 and someone bids $405 they will be told bid higher. Real bid changes to $405 with whoever has the highest max bid as the person winning

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
but the bid is set to 10.00 increases if Person A max bid was 800 and Person B was 600. If current bid is 540, A & B would toggle and A would end with a bid of 610...

The bids I am seeing are increasing 10.00 at a time which makes no sense. Person B can't put in a bid at 545 for A to get it at 550...

PS sorry for letting this ebay idiot irk me so much. I just have seen too many scams and I hate to see one that we all tried hard to stop not being dealt with

Last edited: