Droid Razr Price Drops And New Colors Official

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
razrpurple.jpg

It seems not everyone is a fan of the original black and gray colors the Droid Razr was released with, because now there is a new alternative. Adding to the original colors, Motorola is going to start putting out purple/violet Razrs. Along with the new color availability, they dropped the price down by a whole $100 to a reasonable $199 with a new 2 year contract. This price drop is due to the fact that the new Droid Razr Maxx is set to be released fairly soon, and so they're doing their best to get you in a new Droid Razr one way or the other.

Via: Engadget

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, if the d4 has a purple version I'll get it, I'd of bought the Rhyme if it had been more powerful

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Still can't believe how fast they pushed out another RAZR. I know its mostly the same except the battery life, but still. Its old before you buy it.

Reaction score
I wish the purple had been released in November when I got my RAZR. I am not disappointed in the maxx coming out so soon but am a little irritated in the color variations.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it is a little annoying they release one color first, THEN three/four months later they release color variations. COME ON!!!! I bought the bionic and now wish I had waited a few months as it seems support for the bionic kinda went caput when they released the razr... now the D4 comes and I'll probably sell my bionic to get it cause I want a physical keyboard, then they will probably release the d5 a week later, or come out with a color variation. GOD motorola... start consolidating a little bit. please.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
they need to add more colors not just stick with white,black and purple. i remember moto's old devices came in a variety of colors like orang, green, and pink, etc.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
The color choices don't surprise me considering the original flip-phone Razr came in many different colors.

R

RETG

Is this the non-SD card model? Right now on Verizon's site, there is a Razr, labeled as 32gb for $299 and that includes a 16gb SD card. Then on the bottom of the page is a Razr, labeled as 16gb that does NOT have a SD card and it is priced at $199. So if this article is correct and Verizon drops the price of the Razr with a 16gb card to $199, does the non-SD card model drop to $99?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
it is a little annoying they release one color first, THEN three/four months later they release color variations. COME ON!!!! I bought the bionic and now wish I had waited a few months as it seems support for the bionic kinda went caput when they released the razr... now the D4 comes and I'll probably sell my bionic to get it cause I want a physical keyboard, then they will probably release the d5 a week later, or come out with a color variation. GOD motorola... start consolidating a little bit. please.

Supposedly, according to a previous article, Moto is supposed to be slowing down the rate at which it releases new phones. So perhaps once you get your D4 you'll actually have some months to rock it new before word even surfaces of a Moto manufacured successor. I can't believe they're just now realizing this; less phones, more support. Back to basics - release a couple phones with a bunch of colors (because you know chicks like em thin and colored...no wait that's not right), support the hell out of them, and focus on your advertising. I figure they'd make more money if they keep their product new instead of spending money to manufacture, release, and market many new phones.

michelle4439

Reaction score
I just got mine after Christmas. I would love to have the purple one! I would have waited if I would have known this was coming and especially for $199.

Reaction score
I just got mine after Christmas. I would love to have the purple one! I would have waited if I would have known this was coming and especially for $199.

Exactly. Although I am not that concerned over price. I knew the price would come down as they always do but I would have never guess a purple phone would come out.

I am eligible for an upgrade so I am considering using it for the purple RAZR and just try to sell my black RAZR online to recover the cost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Is this the non-SD card model? Right now on Verizon's site, there is a Razr, labeled as 32gb for $299 and that includes a 16gb SD card. Then on the bottom of the page is a Razr, labeled as 16gb that does NOT have a SD card and it is priced at $199. So if this article is correct and Verizon drops the price of the Razr with a 16gb card to $199, does the non-SD card model drop to $99?

I doubt they would drop it to 99 anytime soon. It would be listed at 99 on their site if it was.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums