Droid Charge Priced at $299.99?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
dc.jpg

The new Droid Charge has been hotly anticipated for a couple weeks now. It will essentially be the first Samsung LTE device for Verizon. This new phone finally has a price tag. With a price tag of $299.99, its $100 more than the new Incredible 2 and just about every other new phone. Droid-Life’s most recent leak, above, shows a road map with the Droid Incredible 2 as a more competitively priced device, costing the industry standard of $199 after the 2 year marriage with Verizon. The Droid Incredible 2 with its nicer price tag does not have the much needed LTE radio, however. Regardless, we’ll have a little more choice from Verizon this April.

Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/31/droid-charge-minimum-advertised-price-at-299-droid-incredible-2-at-199/

Last edited by a moderator:

jr313

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of 4G LTE...u want to play, u have to pay

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of 4G LTE...u want to play, u have to pay

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

But the thunderbolt was the same at $200 .. maybe its just cuz Samsung charged Verizon for gingerbread!! ;-)

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
They may figure if they put "Droid" on it, it is worth more.

xan

Reaction score
So which came first?

The name, or the price?

:)

BenRx

Reaction score
Maybe the extra $100 will get you an update.... unlike the Samsung Fascinate.

y0manda

Reaction score
I will never own another samsung product again, they must have the worst customer service.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I hope everyone stays clear of this phone. If you want a worthwhile Samsung phone, wait for the Summer. This isn't worth $300 - not at all. Lol.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Inverse

Reaction score
I think anyone who has owned a Samsung device, or seen how Samsung has dropped the ball on updates and customer support will think twice before paying a premium on this product. What a kick in the teeth. It's actually kind of arrogant considering the competition it has.