Droid RAZR: Please help!!

delzell

Reaction score
i rooted my razr xt912 cdma verizon wireless phone on stock ics, and i loaded cm10 but for some reason i didnt have wifi and no matter what i did it wouldnt be enabled. i also lost CWM due to the wipe data/cache i had to do to get cm10. i hooked it up to my computer and did a wipe from there using RAZR Utility and used option 1. now my razr will not boot into anything and all i can get into is the razr recovery which wont let me download roms from. i can also go into AP fastboot and recovery i cant boot. i know im stupid lol. follow me on twitter: @marcusdelzell
delzell (marcusdelzell) on Twitter

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
i rooted my razr xt912 cdma verizon wireless phone on stock ics, and i loaded cm10 but for some reason i didnt have wifi and no matter what i did it wouldnt be enabled. i also lost CWM due to the wipe data/cache i had to do to get cm10. i hooked it up to my computer and did a wipe from there using RAZR Utility and used option 1. now my razr will not boot into anything and all i can get into is the razr recovery which wont let me download roms from. i can also go into AP fastboot and recovery i cant boot. i know im stupid lol. follow me on twitter: @marcusdelzell
delzell (marcusdelzell) on Twitter

Dear Delzell, you will need a computer to download the most recent Fastboot file for your phone, either the OTA version .211 or the leaked version .215 and then install it either with the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html, or using RSD Lite. Fortunately you can still get into AP Fastboot, so this is recoverable.

Good luck! :biggrin:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hi FoxKat! Missed you, you busy dog! Welcome aboard Delzell. You're in good hands with FoxKat. He has done everything with his Razr including our guinea pig in making sure we could get back to stock after installing the leak .215.

I just went through the same problem with my Razr...stuck in a bootloop after trying to get rid of bootstrap to install safestrap. I went back to stock using Mattlgroff's utility, then re-installed the .215 leak, re-root and then installed a rom (all in the past couple days).

Other helpful instructions for doing the same can be found here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ling-rom-please-im-really-scared-i-broke.html

OP
delzell

delzell

Reaction score
FoxKat, TisMyDroid, thanks you guys so much! It worked :) if there is anything else I can do to show support, just tell me. I want to install the Red Tide Revenge ROM on my razr. Big mistake trying out CM10.. But anyways, thanks so much!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
delzell said:
FoxKat, TisMyDroid, thanks you guys so much! It worked :) if there is anything else I can do to show support, just tell me. I want to install the Red Tide Revenge ROM on my razr. Big mistake trying out CM10.. But anyways, thanks so much!

Saying thanks works nice to show support. Thank you! You can also “like" a post. It helps let others know that you agree with the post or that the post worked for you.

Now to install them roms. Most roms can install with safestrap. I just installed the DroidHD rom. I just wrote these step by step instructions to get back to stock, install the 215 leak, root and install safestrap (I'm a step by step person). Go through them and pick up where you already left off:

Going back to stock .211:
*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*If you are able, make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.
*When competed your phone should reboot to stock .211.
*After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.

Install the .215 leak:
*check to make sure usb debugging mode is checked (menu-> system setting-> developer options).
*Then in settings, go to “Security" and check “Unknown sources."
*install the .215 leak following instructions here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

Root your of Razr or Razr Maxx:
*Simple step by step instructions for rooting using Mattlgroff's utility (use the same utility that you used to go back to stock) can be found on post #89 here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a-9.html
*If you plan on installing roms, install safestrap instead of bootstrap.

Safestrap:
*Once safestrap is installed, follow the steps in quidot's thread to prepare safestrap's safe and non-safe side so you are ready for those roms... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/200942-safestrap-guide-razr.html

OP
delzell

delzell

Reaction score
On the DroidHD rom, what do you do with the capasitive buttons on the Razr? I really like the on-screen buttons and i want to disable the ones built into the phone. how can i do that?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
delzell said:
On the DroidHD rom, what do you do with the capasitive buttons on the Razr? I really like the on-screen buttons and i want to disable the ones built into the phone. how can i do that?

I like the soft buttons also. It is what I have on my tablet, that I have had for a year and preferred then on my tablet and now also on my Razr M. The on-screen soft buttons is exactly why I chose the DroidHD rom. It was driving me crazy everytime I picked up my Maxx and having to use the capacitive phone buttons. But not anymore because the DroidHD rom took care of that. I think they did an excellent job with that rom. The on-screen buttons are so much more convenient, imo. So far, the only thing I notice missing is Swype but that is easily resolved by getting one from play store.

There are two versions of the DroidHD rom...one with the on-screen soft buttons and one that uses the phone buttons (non-soft version). The soft button version disables the 4 buttons that are native to the phone.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/4274-rom11droid-hd/

OP
delzell

delzell

Reaction score
I like the soft buttons also. It is what I have on my tablet, that I have had for a year and preferred then on my tablet and now also on my Razr M. The on-screen soft buttons is exactly why I chose the DroidHD rom. It was driving me crazy everytime I picked up my Maxx and having to use the capacitive phone buttons. But not anymore because the DroidHD rom took care of that. I think they did an excellent job with that rom. The on-screen buttons are so much more convenient, imo. So far, the only thing I notice missing is Swype but that is easily resolved by getting one from play store.

There are two versions of the DroidHD rom...one with the on-screen soft buttons and one that uses the phone buttons (non-soft version). The soft button version disables the 4 buttons that are native to the phone.

[Rom][1.1]Droid Hd - DroidRzr.com

thanks! i will use this as my permanent ROM and i will make a solid black/white (havent decided the color yet) skin to cover up the capasative buttons sense i wont be using the anymore. they are still accessible, but out of sight out of mind right?
website for the skin making: iPhone 5 Cases, Custom Phone Covers & Skins For Electronics | Skinit