Droid Razr HD Screen not working after replacement

skimphish

Reaction score
Dropped my phone the other day, cracked the screen/digitizer. Ordered a new one, installed it, and the screen will display but will not respond to touch. I've check the 2 connections and there is nothing visibly wrong with them. Unplugged the battery and restarted it, still no response. So what else could be causing this?

This is actually the 2nd time I've replaced the screen on this phone. After I installed this new screen I ordered another thinking it was a dud. Got the new new screen and same problem.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum skimpish! Sorry to hear about your screen problems.
Did you replace both the screen & digitizer or just the screen?
Is the new one a factory OEM screen/digitizer or a third party replacement?
Sounds like it may be an issue with the main board, bad circuit etc.
Hang in there and hopefully one of our many knowledgeable members can give you a hand.

OP
S

skimphish

Reaction score
The screen/digitizer were replaced. Its a 3rd party screen, bought 2 from different company's on eBay and neither worked. Its so odd though because the screen itself displays everything, I get phone calls (that I can't answer), I get text (that I can't answer), the only thing is it doesn't respond to touch. Luckily I can use bluetooth while I'm in my car, thank God I left that on before all of this happened. lol

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
The screen/digitizer were replaced. Its a 3rd party screen, bought 2 from different company's on eBay and neither worked. Its so odd though because the screen itself displays everything, I get phone calls (that I can't answer), I get text (that I can't answer), the only thing is it doesn't respond to touch. Luckily I can use bluetooth while I'm in my car, thank God I left that on before all of this happened. lol

Have you tried a factory reset yet?? This might fix the issue

OP
S

skimphish

Reaction score
How would one do that? I've done a soft reset, hold vol. down and power until it restarts.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How would one do that? I've done a soft reset, hold vol. down and power until it restarts.
  1. Power the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up/Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up/Down.
  6. Select wipe data /Factory Reset then press the Power button.
  7. Select Yes — delete all user data then press the Power button.
  8. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.

OP
S

skimphish

Reaction score
Did absolutely nothing. Now that all the text I had missed are cleared off might as well just swap to an old phone i have laying around....

bigalkaline

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 5s
Hi Skimphish,

i am having the same problem right now. Did you figure out where is the problem? I do not really now what to do. I have bought new display replace it and it doesnt respond to touch. Please let me know. Thanks.