Droid RAZR APPS Will Not Stay Uninstalled!!! PLS HELP!!

Milosis

Reaction score
So info first
Droid RAZR
OS ICS
System Version 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US

My problem is that regardless of what I attempt to do, the apps I've downloaded from the Play Store will not stay uninstalled. I have tried everything from the apps uninstall option to the in menu factory reset to the hard reset. I've Formatted the data and cache multiple times with no change to the device's behavior. I've tried putting the phone into safe mode and uninstalling the apps that way. I've even attempted rooting the device but unfortunately once it goes through the first reboot process the phone is nolonger in MTP mode and the USB debugging is nolonger checked. Removed accounts reappear as soon as the phone resets. The first indication of a problem with the phone was random processes failures. I have no idea how to proceed. My local Verizon store was only to happy to tell me that software problems are not covered under the wireless protection service. My last option is to physically break it and call Verizon for a replacement. I haven't seen another user with this kind of problem and google searches yield little to no insight. Any help from you phone guru's would be most welcome!!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
l Verizon store was only to happy to tell me that software problems are not covered under the wireless protection service. My last option is to physically break it and call Verizon for a replacement.

Let's not go there. Hang around, someone should be along to help

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Which apps are doing this? Can you list the apps that you have uninstalled? What process do you use to uninstall them? Have you tried uninstalling them through the Play Store?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If you are under 14 days you can always return/replace it. But this sounds like a problem the Bionic had where it would delete apps that weren't saved on the phone.

OP
M

Milosis

Reaction score
Which apps are doing this? Can you list the apps that you have uninstalled? What process do you use to uninstall them? Have you tried uninstalling them through the Play Store?

well as far as which apps, its every one that ive installed
autotrader.com
movietickets.com
words with friends
scramble with friends
barcode scanner
digital clock widget

these apps were all installed via the google play store. I have tried uninstalling them through the google play store as well. It goes through the motions of saying they are uninstalled. Shortly after the phone begins to behave irregularly, processes failures occur, so much so that I have to restart the phone.. and then everything is right back where it was. They all work too, I don't understand how its possible

OP
M

Milosis

Reaction score
If you are under 14 days you can always return/replace it. But this sounds like a problem the Bionic had where it would delete apps that weren't saved on the phone.

I've had the phone for over 8 months. This issue began to occur this week. First noticed it when I activated the wifi while in the house

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
It could be as simple as a bad SD Card ... just for fun, try saving those apps to your phone instead of sd card and see what happens..

And I really can't see how Wifi would be a factor..

OP
M

Milosis

Reaction score
It could be as simple as a bad SD Card ... just for fun, try saving those apps to your phone instead of sd card and see what happens..

And I really can't see how Wifi would be a factor..

Neither can I, I just want to be thorough in explaining what the phone is doing. Oh it doesn't have an SD card installed. Didn't think id need one as it came with 16G of space. Some of the apps are in internal storage, and some wont let me move them there. The option is greyed out.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Neither can I, I just want to be thorough in explaining what the phone is doing. Oh it doesn't have an SD card installed. Didn't think id need one as it came with 16G of space. Some of the apps are in internal storage, and some wont let me move them there. The option is greyed out.

Sorry just trying to help brother. Like I said I don't have that phone and was simply offering some work arounds when we had the same problem on the Bionic.

I'm sure someone more insight to your problem will help ya out..

OP
M

Milosis

Reaction score
lol oh no I appreciate the input!! I'm just glad to be able to talk to you guys about it. This thing has been annoying the crap out of me!! Ty for trying to help me fix this thing!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol oh no I appreciate the input!! I'm just glad to be able to talk to you guys about it. This thing has been annoying the crap out of me!! Ty for trying to help me fix this thing!

Sounds like you've tried just about everything.. Sounds like you might need to try an sbf.. Or What ever it's called for the new files Moto folks flashed threw rsd lite... Give me a minute to grab you a link

read the portion about unbricking/flash phone back to stock

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/213197-offical-ota-zip-installation-guide-droid-razr-razr-maxx.html

that should return you to an out of the box state... hopefully fixing the issue,,,

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

Last edited:
OP
M

Milosis

Reaction score
ty Nemo, I gave this a try just a little while ago.. It went through the motions, the phone restarted and then it still came back up like nothing happened. I'm truly at a loss for whats causing this to happen. So I'm gonna cave and pay the 100 deductible and have another phone sent to me. This one is gonna have a fight with a hammer.

Thanks everyone for the tips on fixing my phone.