Droid R2D2 Questions

nickv

Reaction score
I do not have a Droid yet and this would be my first smartphone but I am probley going to get the R2D2 for my next phone as it is cheaper than the Droid 2 and I dont know that much about the phone.

Its basically the same phone as the Droid 2 right?
I have heard that you cant turn off the R2D2 noises on the start up, is this true?
Also does he make noises when the phone is on? If so can I turn those noises off?
I could live with the start up noises but not the noises when the phone is on because im not supposta have my phone on at school or work unless it is on silent.

Is there anything else I should know about it?
Would it be worth it to pay the extra money for the Droid X?

Thanks for the Help :)

Sprank1

Reaction score
I've only had the R2D2 Droid for a day or two, but can answer some questions.

There is no way to turn off the startup sounds (unless you root I think)
As far as the other sounds (ringtones, notifications, etc) - those are fully modifiable. You can assign any sounds to those things, or mute the phone sounds.

I am pretty sure there are no other differences between the R2D2 and the regular Droid 2, but, like I said, I am a new owner.

I was choosing between the R2D2 and other Droide models and went with the R2D2 because it had the physical keyboard (that is important to me).

So far - I am loving my new Droid.

aDroidman

Reaction score
The noise can be turned off but not on start up. There is no real difference between the r2d2 and the d2. They did the r2d2 as a promotional item and it will soon no longer be made. It will still be under warranty but its limited edition. I would personal go with the X for the bigger screen.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
N

nickv

Reaction score
Is the screen size, amount of memory and keyboard the only differences between the Droid 2 and Droid X?