R2D2 exclusive content

Solscud007

Reaction score
So I picked up a broken R2D2. The screen is all black.

I swapped over the casing from the R2D2 to my droid 2 global.

Now I want to get the Star Wars content onto my D2 Global.

How can i copy the start up sounds and any other SW content from the R2D2 phone to my D2 global?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So I picked up a broken R2D2. The screen is all black.

I swapped over the casing from the R2D2 to my droid 2 global.

Now I want to get the Star Wars content onto my D2 Global.

How can i copy the start up sounds and any other SW content from the R2D2 phone to my D2 global?

I'm sure you can find a system dump on the d2 r2d2 thread.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the phone doesn't work, you can't copy the files off of it.

I would search the internet or find someone with an R2D2 and use Root Explorer to copy the necessary files and place them on your phone.

CM74DX

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If the phone doesn't work, you can't copy the files off of it.

I would search the internet or find someone with an R2D2 and use Root Explorer to copy the necessary files and place them on your phone.

CM74DX

I think he just wants to know where he can get the system dump to make his d2 kinda like the r2d2 one

OP
S

Solscud007

Reaction score
I think he just wants to know where he can get the system dump to make his d2 kinda like the r2d2 one

Yes that is it exactly. How do I do that?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Like I said, look for the system dump of the r2d2 version on the droid 2 section...and just move whatever files you want to the phone

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Like I said, look for the system dump of the r2d2 version on the droid 2 section...and just move whatever files you want to the phone

Thanks. Im a noobie so I found this MDW and TBH present 2.4.0 (R2D2) for the Droid 2

Is it really that complex? I cant just copy them over via USB?

Ok so if you're a newbie, make sure you get the "system dump" file. There are other ones out there that are meant for recovering the phone not pilling files from it. And you can copy them over usb but to know what files you want, you really have to look in the dump file.

OP
S

Solscud007

Reaction score
Thanks. I jsut successfully rooted the phone and installed the R2D2 bootanimation onto my D2 global.

Any ideas where I can find the lock screen icons and how can I get the startup sound to beep boop like on the R2D2 phone?

I downloaded a. ogg file but not sure how to use it.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks. I jsut successfully rooted the phone and installed the R2D2 bootanimation onto my D2 global.

Any ideas where I can find the lock screen icons and how can I get the startup sound to beep boop like on the R2D2 phone?

I think for that, you might have to look into your phones system files...this can be a bit dangerous though so be careful..I haven't really done such thing

OP
S

Solscud007

Reaction score

I think for that, you might have to look into your phones system files...this can be a bit dangerous though so be careful..I haven't really done such thing

Thanks. actually im dumb. the sound plays but it is out of sync. oh well. No biggie.