Droid Pro Update available now.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
thumb_tall_droid-pro-update-1.png

A update for the Motorola Droid Pro is now available for all users, but hasn't been pushed quite yet. Good news is you can install it yourself. The changelog for version 2.26.60 is as follows:

• Improved audio on voice calls.
  • Improved stability and performance.
  • User interface display now refreshes when user switches from GSM/UMTS communication to Global Mode.
  • Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
  • Global Mode no longer resets when connecting to a USB charger.
  • Visual Voice Mail now detects airplane mode while Wi-Fi is active.
  • Prompt return to full screen brightness after wake-up.
  • Upgraded Bluetooth firmware.
  • Improved interoperability with Microsoft Internet Application Gateway (IAG) configurations.
  • Device string format for Exchange changed to include device name and version number
  • Upgrade to Google applications Release 7
  • Improved audio during voice calls.
  • Reduced user interface lock-ups.

Go into Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates to download the update manually.

Let us know if you were able to force the update manually and your thoughts on the update. Good luck and Enjoy!!

sarreq

Reaction score
is this a froyo update, or gingerbread?
  • Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages
what does this do? might it make international texts cheaper? :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's still 2.2, it's a system update. It's not Gingerbread.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hero, are you rooted? If you are go back to stock and then try it.

I'm really surprised that this thread isn't jumping. I mean this is an update Pro people, get on board. I would have installed it hours ago.

HeroNova

Reaction score
I unrooted but the installation still failed. Can't figure out why. Tried a few things. so I just re-rooted in the meantime while i'm working on it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I unrooted but the installation still failed. Can't figure out why. Tried a few things. so I just re-rooted in the meantime while i'm working on it

Are you uninstalling the boot strap? That's where clockwork is, I think if you uninstall that you should be able to install the update.

HeroNova

Reaction score
Still no luck. I tried uninstalling everything, went through the computer, completely removed root and nothing. I'll just have to wait and see if someone posts the update.

sheakev

Reaction score
I downloaded it last night and now my Outlook exchange mail account shows no messages. I can send an email from my Droid Pro Outlook account but it does not receive any.

Checked with corporate IT and there were no changes overnight to our corporate email system. My personal POP mail still works. Also Calendar is not synching from corporate back to the Droid or from the Droid.

Even more disturbing is the phone is running Hot and I can not get the charge above 20%:icon_evil:

I have restarted severl times and all the settings are pre update.

tennvol

Reaction score
No need to reboot. If you wait long enough your Pro will do it on its own at random.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

loraindave

Reaction score
when I go to system updates it says system is updated... I am at 2.2.1 on the droid. There is nothing on there to force update. I must be missing something. Any ideas?

Sprocks

Reaction score
Updated just fine, however I severely dislike the way it looks, the dock shortcuts, and the way it updated/ organized my contacts. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to hide people again, and I don't like how everything is large, square, and in your face. I picked the Pro because of it's softer look, simpler look.
Is there any way to change the way everything looks, or am I stuck until the next update?