WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Droid 2 Global Getting Updates OTA As We Speak

d2update.png

All of you Droid 2 Global owners should be receiving an OTA update by now, and we would like to know how you like it. The update that began going around just yesterday has been long awaited and brings in some great new features, updated old once, and fixes the bugs that are currently available.

Here is a bit of the updates:
Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
Device no longer indicates “No Service” after powering up.
Device no longer resets when changing from Global Mode to GSM/UMTS communication.
Device now refreshes the user interface display when switching from GSM/UMTS to Global Mode.
Eliminated the blank screen when dialing the call forwarding string *71.

News via: DROID 2 Global Getting an OTA | Android Phone Fans

Last edited:

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
uh...?

Wasn't this piece of news posted like a week ago? Not to mention this says for the Droid 2 Global, not Droid 2. Also, most of us got this update already (as did I).

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
uh...?

Wasn't this piece of news posted like a week ago? Not to mention this says for the Droid 2 Global, not Droid 2. Also, most of us got this update already (as did I).
WOW, I just noticed. Thanks. I had this and another article I am writing up mixed up.
But what do you think of this update (point of the article).

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
uh...?

WOW, I just noticed. Thanks. I had this and another article I am writing up mixed up.
But what do you think of this update (point of the article).
No prob! Also, update seems okay. I didnt have any problems before the update so I dont really notice much of a difference but any update is fine with me aslong as it doesnt mess up anything else :)

mike5529

Reaction score
Is this only for global? Has there been a recent D2 update? My wife has D2 just want to make sure she is up to date