Droid Pro sbf update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotrose

Reaction score
So I acquired what is apparently a Droid Pro SBF file for Verizon, two PRL files, and the SOURCE code for the Droid Pro.

I do not know if these files are the right ones, maybe someone else would have a better idea. So far, I have gotten my bricked Droid Pro connected to RSD Lite 4.9 by holding down the Volume UP and DOWN keys when turning on the phone, then connecting it to the computer.

I load the SBF, and begin the process, then usually after it builds the image, there is an error on the droid:

Critical Error:
FEBE 0047

And RSD Lite says the flashing failed and Error sending JUMP connection, along with a lot more numbers and non-sense.

The size of the SBF is 444 MB, which is much larger than normal, and the name is: VRZ_A957_2.4.5_1FF_01.sbf

The links to all of what I have will be shared shortly by another person who I have been trying to work on this with.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Merry Xmas.

mustahaque

Reaction score
File Properties:
Filename:
VRZ_A957_2.4.5_1FF_01.sbf
Creation Date: 09/14/2010 17:16:26
File size: 455655933
RAM DL Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: N / A
Platform: 4G OMAP
HAB Type: Signed Production

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
here is the link:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Version 2.4.5? Does not match with what the Pro is running.

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
Version 2.4.5? Does not match with what the Pro is running.

Yeah I don't know, that's what was given to us. Did you download the files? Let me know if you can offer any other assistance.

eus107709

Reaction score
I am so hopeful that you have something here.. i really hate the software on this phone and would love to have a backup before I install another ROM.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

MNk1ng

Reaction score
+1 to ^ here's to hoping I have Fission installed by this weekend

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
Have either of you, or has anyone, tried the SBF file? I mean, have any of you tried flashing it? It isn't working on my bricked phone, so I am curious if it'd work on a perfectly working one...

google123

Reaction score
Dumb question here......what is the SBF file used for??? Is this used to say bring the phone back to out of the box state? I have installed the Droid 2 bootstrap on my Pro. Is this the file I would need to return my phone to a state before I installed the Droid 2 bootstrap?? Thanks for clearing this up for me.

StingRay

Reaction score
Pilot

I wish I was able to assist...you may have already seen these but here are some links describing the use of sbf files....not specifically related to the Droid Pro...

Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf - Android Forums

Droid X sbf File Released....Now you can unbrick - Android Forums
See post from OMJ half way down page...

Again, sorry if I'm shoveling info at you that you've already seen, but hoping that you have some luck restoring your phone....

This may be a stupid question, but you've described your phone as "bricked"...is it dead? stuck at "M" screen? bootlooping?

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
Pilot

I wish I was able to assist...you may have already seen these but here are some links describing the use of sbf files....not specifically related to the Droid Pro...

Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf - Android Forums

Droid X sbf File Released....Now you can unbrick - Android Forums
See post from OMJ half way down page...

Again, sorry if I'm shoveling info at you that you've already seen, but hoping that you have some luck restoring your phone....

This may be a stupid question, but you've described your phone as "bricked"...is it dead? stuck at "M" screen? bootlooping?

I do know all of this already but thank you very much for making sure, it will be nice to have these links regardless on this thread.

You can help me if you are willing... I need someone to try and connect their Droid Pro to RSD Lite 4.9 and just tell me if RSD Lite detects the phone. RSD Lite detects my Droid Pro when I put it into download mode (Turn phone off, hold volume down button while connecting to computer via USB).

The problem is, RSD Lite doesn't seem to know the IMEI or any more phone details, it just gives a generic name. So if someone could please connect the phone then provide a screen shot of what RSD Lite displays when it's connected, that would be greatly appreciated! :icon_ banana:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Rsd lite 4.9 sees my Pro when connected and I did download those files but no inclined to mess up a working phone if those files are bad.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I will say that when I load the sbf on there Rsd lite won't give me the option to start it is greyed out, so seems like the files are bad. Or just not for this phone.

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. Can you please provide a screen shot of what RSD lite shows when your phone is connected?

Normally you must connect the phone and load the SBF before the start option becomes ungreyed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Rsd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.