Droid Pro Rebotting Problem

dbell232

Reaction score
I just got a Motorola Droid Pro 3 days ago. I am having major problems with the phone just rebooting itself for no reason.

When the screen times out and goes black, the phones turns off and right back on. This happens continually. At least 50 times a day, depending on the time I have entered for the screen time out. It gives you an options for screen time out if the phone is idle for 30 secs, 1, 2, 10 and 15 minutes. If I have it set to 30 secs, it rebootings continually.

Also, when I am on the phone with it up to my ear and the screen goes black because of the proximity sensor, the phone shuts off in the middle of the call.

I have not installed any apps and I have replaced the battery.

Has anyone else had an issue with this or can anyone help??

I love the phone, but this is a major problem.

dcook12

Reaction score
I just got a Motorola Droid Pro 3 days ago. I am having major problems with the phone just rebooting itself for no reason.

When the screen times out and goes black, the phones turns off and right back on. This happens continually. At least 50 times a day, depending on the time I have entered for the screen time out. It gives you an options for screen time out if the phone is idle for 30 secs, 1, 2, 10 and 15 minutes. If I have it set to 30 secs, it rebootings continually.

Also, when I am on the phone with it up to my ear and the screen goes black because of the proximity sensor, the phone shuts off in the middle of the call.

That is a problem....I have a Droid 1, so not sure about your settings options...you mentioned that you have screen timeout set to 30 seconds..At first I was going to ask if you tried other time settings, but it shouldn't matter. Your phone should only shut off it you shut it off yourself. I'm not aware of any setting where you can set it to shut off, so my humble opinion is that you have a hardware problem. It is shutting off because something internally it telling it to...back to the tech store I would think...but also wait for more responses as I have never had this problem...Since it is brand new and has been happening since you got it, I think you walked out with a defective phone...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1
The first 30 days are a DOA period and you DEF have a defective phone. Go get a new one! :)

That is a problem....I have a Droid 1, so not sure about your settings options...you mentioned that you have screen timeout set to 30 seconds..At first I was going to ask if you tried other time settings, but it shouldn't matter. Your phone should only shut off it you shut it off yourself. I'm not aware of any setting where you can set it to shut off, so my humble opinion is that you have a hardware problem. It is shutting off because something internally it telling it to...back to the tech store I would think...but also wait for more responses as I have never had this problem...Since it is brand new and has been happening since you got it, I think you walked out with a defective phone...

DroidForums junkie!

gvansickle1

Reaction score

Anyone solved this? I'm having the same problem. Pro randomly reboots day and night, on the charger, off the charger, in use, idle, doesn't matter; even does it while I'm in the middle of a call. Did I just get a lemon? I really love the functionality of the Droid and its ease of use but this is a game breaker; can't keep getting disconnected while talking with Customers? Help!

younqcjmm

Reaction score
Anyone solved this? I'm having the same problem. Pro randomly reboots day and night, on the charger, off the charger, in use, idle, doesn't matter; even does it while I'm in the middle of a call. Did I just get a lemon? I really love the functionality of the Droid and its ease of use but this is a game breaker; can't keep getting disconnected while talking with Customers? Help!

Just as said before you have a defective phone. Maybe when you go in to get it replaced ask if there has been alot of problems with these phones being defective. They could have made a bach of these phones all with errors and never noticed it!

xigev

Reaction score
droid pro rebooting

i purchased a droid pro only one day ago. i had the same problem every 2-3 minutes would restart itself. i couldnt make calls or do anything because of the constant reboots. i went back to the store and both employees told me they had never heard of it doing that. i replaced it with another droid pro. hopefully i have no problems with this new one. you should return yours and get a new droid pro you probably just have a defective one.