droid phone extended warranty yes or no?

jedidroid

Reaction score
Do you guys think it's worth getting the extended warranty Verizon offers ?

Tomorrow is the 14 day, I think we have to decide if we want it by then....

I think there are 3 types...$2.99, $3.99 and $6.99..a month extra..

Is it worth it?
Doesn't the phone come with a 1 year warranty anyway?

M1dnite

Reaction score
YESS YESS YESS , Seriously... I dropped my phone on my hard wood flor from 6 feet in the air, and it did a number to my screen and softkeys.

heem

Reaction score
I didnt. I'm starting to think that maybe I should.. but I have heard from people that even when you do ahve a legitimate claim, the insurance company does all it can to NOT pay you.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
No extended warranty here. I'm generally careful with my phones and have only dropped a cell phone once in 7-8 years.

Basically, any insurance is the insurance company betting you won't ever make a claim and looking at the amount of money they make, they're usually right :D

sir

Reaction score
i got the 8$ one. the plan I got is already 100$, if i'm going to spend that much a month just for the phone, 8$ is a small price to get it fixed if needed.

TomN

Reaction score
In all the years I've been using cell phones I've never-ever damaged one. That being said, I got the $7.99/mo plan.

I dropped my iPhone once on a concrete floor. Had it in a case as usual and it suffered no damage. Still made me cringe though.

adam8ch

Reaction score
i got my phone at Best Buy and got their phone insurance plan. its $9.99/mo. it covers all sorts of stuff that probably won't ever happen, but its reassuring to have it.

matthai5

Reaction score
I was just reading through the verizon wireless faq and it looks like we have 30 days to add the warranty.

"Does Verizon Wireless offer Total Equipment Coverage against lost/stolen/damaged and malfunctioning equipment?
Yes, Total Equipment Coverage offers complete protection for your wireless equipment. It combines the benefits of Asurion’s Wireless Phone Protection with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program. If your device or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason-lost, stolen, accidentally damaged, or malfunctioning-you are covered. Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll in Total Equipment Coverage within 30 days of new account activation with new equipment or an upgrade with new equipment purchase.

Phones*
$5.99 per month per covered phone.
$39 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
Advanced Devices*
$7.99 per month per covered device.
$89 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
For a list of equipment in the Phones and Advanced Devices programs, please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881-2622.
*Effective 5/17/2009, with all new device activations and new device upgrades. Until you upgrade to a new device, the existing monthly fee and deductibles remain in effect."

Gunghoray

Reaction score
The two plans are $6 and $8 per month. Difference is simple.

$6 plan covers loss, damage, or theft with an $89 deductible.

$8 plan covers all that PLUS extends manufacturer's warranty every month you're covered. Deductible applies ONLY if it is loss, damage, or theft.

So if the screen stops working or the keyboard isn't responsive anymore, it's covered in month 13 and beyond on the $8 plan.

Defects are not covered past 12 months if you choose the $6 plan.

I've got the $8 plan. Cheaper than the $600 price tag to replace one on your own.

Prof Ray