Droid-Optimized Movie Trailers

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

I really like the 854 480 setting. How do you set that when rippin a dvd on the program on my computer? Like where is the settings?
I think I'm speaking a lot for folk on here, I think a youtube video would be awesome. Step by step on each format maybe? Thanks

Look at the first post on this thread.
All is explained there.

cisco0910

Reaction score
Dvdcatalyst, i looked on first page. me personally i like the second setting of the three, the full. I went to global settings, conversion, then remove black bars from device. Popped in dvd, then hit "go". it's in the process of conversion now. Just curious why it says on the window next to Device:DROID HQ2 it says 816 x 464? Is that correct for full screen, the option i want?

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

Dvdcatalyst, i looked on first page. me personally i like the second setting of the three, the full. I went to global settings, conversion, then remove black bars from device. Popped in dvd, then hit "go". it's in the process of conversion now. Just curious why it says on the window next to Device:DROID HQ2 it says 816 x 464? Is that correct for full screen, the option i want?

DVDs have a lower resolution that the droid has, so the screen resolution of the file gets adjusted a little. When you play it on the droid it will be full screen.

cisco0910

Reaction score

DVDs have a lower resolution that the droid has, so the screen resolution of the file gets adjusted a little. When you play it on the droid it will be full screen.
thanks for the explanation! Havent' seen a conversion speed setting, is that correct? thanks

i seen the conversion priority settings. Normal, high, very high, ect. Can you explain please? thnx.

Last edited:
OP
D

dvdcatalyst

thanks for the explanation! Havent' seen a conversion speed setting, is that correct? thanks

i seen the conversion priority settings. Normal, high, very high, ect. Can you explain please? thnx.

All that is explained in the manual/user guide.

In addition, a bunch of speed related info can be found here

DVD Catalyst Conversion Speed Tips | Tools4Movies, the official home of DVD Catalyst

You selected (like most people who have questions about speed) the HQ2 profile. Yes it is higher quality than the standard Droid profile, but that does not mean that the non HQ profile is bad. In fact, the standard Droid profile provides better quality than most other converters, the HQ profiles just do it a little better. The standard profile is about 2x faster on most computers than the HQ profiles.

The "priority" setting is explained in the manual. It basically sets the priority of the conversion process compared to other applications. "normal" shares your processor equally between all open programs, so your computer is still usable. setting it higher will dedicate more processor power to your conversion, however, your computer will use less for other things, so it will feel sluggish. High will make it appear your computer is about to freeze, but conversion will run a little faster.

In normal cases you should not have to adjust it. The quality article provides better means of speeding up conversions.

KB_Droid

Reaction score
Mitch,

As if I wasn't already interested in DVD Catalyst 3, I must say that seeing you on these forums answering our questions and providing examples is more than enough evidence to know that I will be making the best choice for my Droid video converting needs. Thank You so much for all you've done for us, and I can't wait to get your software!!!

KB_Droid

conductor64

Reaction score
Stll black bars on the side. Not full screen

I downloaded your family guy trailer and played it on my moto droid. It does not have black bars on the top or bottom but that is not what people are asking for here. We want to display the video all the way horizontally. I have no problem with letter box as I want to watch my movies in letter box. I just want the video to display 854 wide and fill the screen that way. Also I got an ad in my gallery after getting your trailer which I can't be sure was from you as I didn't bite on the "try for free" premise and had to delete. Considering your name, Catalyist, I assume you are selling a program which may not rip movies to be able to fill the screen full horizontal on the phone. If I am wrong I appologise.

I'm trying the clash of the titans one to see if that works.

RE: The trailer did fill the screen so I got the program. I used it to rip my Gladiator movie to 480 x 854 and it did work perfectly on my droid, filled the screen and audio video sync was spot on. This is the program I was looking for. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
D

dvdcatalyst

I downloaded your family guy trailer and played it on my moto droid. It does not have black bars on the top or bottom but that is not what people are asking for here. We want to display the video all the way horizontally. I have no problem with letter box as I want to watch my movies in letter box. I just want the video to display 854 wide and fill the screen that way. Also I got an ad in my gallery after getting your trailer which I can't be sure was from you as I didn't bite on the "try for free" premise and had to delete. Considering your name, Catalyist, I assume you are selling a program which may not rip movies to be able to fill the screen full horizontal on the phone. If I am wrong I appologise.

I'm trying the clash of the titans one to see if that works.

Have you looked at one of my other posts with the screenshots of black bar removal?

Detailed Black Bar Removal | Tools4Movies, the official home of DVD Catalyst

If the video has black bars at the top and bottom (what many widescreen DVDs have) that is ACTUALLY part of the video, the video player on the Droid will not remove them. You might not see it when you play the file on your computer, but here is an idea of what it looks like

image004.gif

This is an actual screenshot of the video taken from a DVD. when you convert this without removing the black bars at top and bottom, the video player will see them as part of the video, and will not play the movie full width, because it thinks the black borders are considered part of the video, so it will scale the video based on its high INCLUDING these black borders.

When you remove the borders from the file, like this

image008.gif

then the video will be scaled by the player in its full width.

My videos do not have ads in them, the zip just contains the mp4 video file.

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

Any requests for new trailers I should put up?

I can pick out a few older ones, but if there are requests, I'd rather do those.

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

Converted with DVD Catalyst 3 (of course) using the default (non-HQ) Droid profile
aliceinwonderland-tlr1_h720p.jpg

Alice in Wonderland

Source: Alice In Wonderland - Movie Trailers - iTunes

From Walt Disney Pictures and visionary director Tim Burton comes an epic 3D fantasy adventure ALICE IN WONDERLAND, a magical and imaginative twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time. JOHNNY DEPP stars as the Mad Hatter and MIA WASIKOWSKA as 19—year—old Alice, who returns to the whimsical world she first encountered as a young girl, reuniting with her childhood friends: the White Rabbit, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Dormouse, the Caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat, and of course, the Mad Hatter. Alice embarks on a fantastical journey to find her true destiny and end the Red Queen’s reign of terror. The all—star cast also includes ANNE HATHAWAY, HELENA BONHAM CARTER and CRISPIN GLOVER.

Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/aliceinwonderland-tlr1_h720p.zip

Streaming: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/aliceinwonderland-tlr1_h720p.mp4

goodbadweird-tlr1_h720p.jpg

The Good, The Bad and the Weird

Source: The Good, The Bad, The Weird - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Set in the 1930s Manchurian desert, where lawlessness rules and ethnic groups clash, three Korean men fatefully meet each other on a train. The Good, Do—won (JUNG Woosung) is a bounty hunter who tracks down criminals with rewards on their heads. The Bad, Chang—yi (LEE Byung—hun) is the leader of a group of bandits and can’t stand to be second best. The Weird, Tae—goo (SONG Kang—ho) is a train robber with nine lives. The three strangers engage in a chase across Manchuria to take possession of a map Tae—goo discovers while robbing the train. Also on the hunt for the mysterious map, are the Japanese army and Asian bandits. In this unpredictable, escalating battle for the map, who will stand in the end as the winner? Never be sure who’s good, bad or weird.

Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/goodbadweird-tlr1_h720p.zip

Streaming: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/goodbadweird-tlr1_h720p.mp4

theswitch-tlr1_h720p.jpg

The Switch

Source: The Switch - Movie Trailers - iTunes

JENNIFER ANISTON stars alongside JASON BATEMAN in this offbeat comedy as Kassie, a smart, fun—loving single woman who, despite her neurotic best friend Wally’s (BATEMAN) objections, decides it’s time to have a baby—even if it means doing it by herself… with a little help from a charming sperm donor (PATRICK WILSON). But, unbeknownst to her, Kassie’s plans go awry because of a last—minute switch that isn’t discovered until seven years later when Wally finally gets acquainted with Kassie’s cute—though slightly neurotic—son. From the people behind “Little Miss Sunshine” and “Juno” comes “The Switch,” due in theaters this summer.

Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/theswitch-tlr1_h720p.zip

Streaming: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/theswitch-tlr1_h720p.mp4

vincere-tlr1_720p.jpg

Vincere

Source: Vincere - Movie Trailers - iTunes

A cinematic tour—de—force, VINCERE is Italian master Marco Bellocchio’s (FISTS IN THE POCKET) portrait of Benito Mussolini (Filippo Timi), and the fiery woman who was his secret wife and the mother of his abandoned child (Giovanna Mezzogiorno). The film was a standout selection of the 2009 Cannes, Telluride, Toronto, New York, AFI film festivals, and received awards for Best Director, Best Actress, and Best Actor at the Chicago IFF. In VINCERE, the closely guarded story of Italian dictator Benito Mussolini’s secret lover and son is revealed in fittingly operatic proportions. Thunderstruck by the young Mussolini’s charisma, Ida Dalser gives up everything to help champion his revolutionary ideas. When he disappears during World War I and later resurfaces with a new wife, the scorned Dalser and her son are locked away in separate asylums for more than a decade. But Ida will not disappear without a fight….

Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/vincere-tlr1_720pp.zip

Streaming: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/vincere-tlr1_720p.mp4

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

Full Screen Droid Video

A few new trailers. Encoded with DVD Catalyst 3, set to make the video full screen without black borders.

Wild Grass

Source: Wild Grass - Movie Trailers - iTunes
A wallet lost and found opens the door — slightly — to Georges and Marguerite’s romantic adventure. After examining the ID of its owner, it is not a simple matter for Georges to turn in to the police the red wallet he has found. Nor can Marguerite retrieve her wallet without being piqued with curiosity about the person who found it. As George and Marguerite navigate the social protocols of giving and acknowledging thanks, turbulence enters their everyday lives. WILD GRASS is based on the novel “L’incident” by French novelist Christian Gailly.
Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/WildGrass.zip

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Source: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Meet charming and jobless Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera). A bass guitarist for garage band Sex Bob—omb, the 22—year—old has just met the girl of his dreams…literally. The only catch to winning Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead)? Her seven evil exes are coming to kill him. Genre—smashing filmmaker Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) tells the amazing story of one romantic slacker’s quest to power up with love in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Scott Pilgrim has never had a problem getting a girlfriend. It’s getting rid of them that proves difficult. From the girl who kicked his heart’s ass—and now is back in town—to the teenage distraction he’s trying to shake when Ramona rollerblades into his world, love hasn’t been easy. He soon discovers, however, his new crush has the most unusual baggage of all: a nefarious league of exes controls her love life and will do whatever it takes to eliminate him as a suitor. As Scott gets closer to Ramona, he must face an increasingly vicious rogues’ gallery from her past—from infamous skateboarders to vegan rock stars and fearsome identical twins. And if he hopes to win his true love, he must vanquish them all before it really is game over.
Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/ScottPilgrimvsTheWorld.zip

My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Source: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Jesse (Alyssa Milano, Charmed) is a sassy, intelligent woman who has yet to find “Mr. Right”—until she bumps into Ethan (Christopher Gorham, Ugly Betty, Harper’s Island), a writer pushed to the edge of despair after having another novel rejected by publishers. For Jesse, the encounter offers more than a chance to inspire the artist in Ethan again. It also opens a new, romantic chapter in her life… with one huge complication. Moments after meeting the perfect guy for her, Jesse meets Mr. Perfect— Troy (Michael Landes, Possession), a confident and successful advertising executive who makes almost every moment elegant and romantic. Soon Jesse is in over her head and grappling with the ultimate romantic paradox: what does a girl do when she meets “Mr. Right”… after already meeting the right guy? Ultimately, what Jesse discovers about love reflects what the audience discovers about the story itself: Things are not always what they seem. My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend is a classic love story turned upside down, a romantic comedy that blends a warm sincerity with fresh, stylized storytelling and some very big surprises.
Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/MyGirlfriendsBoyfriend.zip

Despicable Me

Source: Despicable Me - Movie Trailers - iTunes

In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbors, hidden beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by a small army of minions, we discover Gru (voiced by Steve Carell), planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon (Yes, the moon!) in Universal’s new 3—D CGI feature, Despicable Me. Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays, and battle—ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad. The world’s greatest villain has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes.
Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/DespicableMe.zip

The Sorcerers Apprentice

Source: The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Walt Disney Studios, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Jon Turteltaub, the creators of the “National Treasure” franchise, present THE SORCERER’S APPRENTICE — an innovative and epic comedy adventure about a sorcerer and his hapless apprentice who are swept into the center of an ancient conflict between good and evil. Balthazar Blake (NICOLAS CAGE) is a master sorcerer in modern—day Manhattan trying to defend the city from his arch—nemesis, Maxim Horvath (ALFRED MOLINA). Balthazar can’t do it alone, so he recruits Dave Stutler (JAY BARUCHEL), a seemingly average guy who demonstrates hidden potential, as his reluctant protégé. The sorcerer gives his unwilling accomplice a crash course in the art and science of magic, and together, these unlikely partners work to stop the forces of darkness. It’ll take all the courage Dave can muster to survive his training, save the city and get the girl as he becomes THE SORCERER’S APPRENTICE. The screenplay is by Matt Lopez and Doug Miro & Carlo Bernard from a screen story by Matt Lopez and Larry Konner & Mark Rosenthal.
Download: http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/TheSorcerersApprentice.zip

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

Flashback

If you grew up in the 80's like me, these new trailers will awaken some emotions.
All 3 were converted from 720p HD content to Droid HQ2 format with DVD Catalyst 3

The A-Team
I'm not sure what to think of this movie, but I am pretty sure I'll be disappointed with it.

The A-Team trailer 1

The A-Team trailer 2

I know it looks cool and flashy, but it just wouldn't be the same as it used to be.

Last edited by a moderator: