Droid not pulling and notifying hotmail email

Reaction score
Everything seems to be setup

* Account is set to Sync
* Email is set to pull

When I go to the email account I seem to have to load the messages everytime, it doesn't seem to pulling the messages down automatically ? I tested by setting up GMAIL also that way and that doesn't seem to work either (it does work with the GMAIL app).

Any idea what setting I might be missing ?

Zero

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems it's not pulling any of my emails i have to go and refresh the hotmail and yahoo acct in order to get my new one's and it still doesn't download it correctly

davidblandar

Reaction score
Yes it is working for me. i tried it is absolutely fine. You just see the setting which is provided by immobile

futuraforce

Reaction score
This is for people whose hotmail stopped sync-ing. Mine did this also. After hours, I've figured mine out. For some reason the hotmail will stop sync-ing, and you need it going again. In your phone, go to email and when you're in you're inbox choose menu in your hotmail account. Go to where you choose how often you want it to sync and change it to anything other than what it currently is. Use the back key and back your way to the inbox(let it load all emails, and it should say Droooid). Do a test email and it will work if it was sync-ing before. Now you can repeat the process and change the sync time back to what you prefered in the beginning and it will still work. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

gottadroid2

Reaction score
Explanation?

o Android Support: Hotmail team will add Android to list of supported devices in the coming months after testing is completed.
 Access from Android 2.1 is NOT supported due to known client issues on Android 2.1.
 There are users successfully syncing from Hotmail via the default application or the Touchdown application on Android 2.2.