Droid not going into landscape when closed

l00ney55

Reaction score
ok so the first day I had my phone (yesterday) it would go into landscape just fine when it was closed and I turned it. Today it wont go into landscape unless i open it to use the keyboard. My orientation is on so it is not that, I have rebooted a couple times and still nothing (including not getting 2.1). ANYONE have a solution to this? It's really bugging me..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you talking about the homescreen? It's not supposed to go into landscape unless the keyboard is opened. Some people have seen it do so and then stop after first getting their Droid.

If you'd like that feature, most, if not all, home replacement apps allow this. 2.1 does not. My personal favorite after trying many is Helix Launcher, available in the market. It also allows you to add more screens and provides a dock bar at the bottom so your favorite apps are available from any home screen and you can save some room.

OP
L

l00ney55

Reaction score
oh really? well i have been waiting for 2.1 because i want pinch/zoom but i guess ill just get helix launcher.

OP
L

l00ney55

Reaction score
is there an app or anythin to add pinch to zoom because i dont think im getting 2.1