Droid no longer working with gmail

Tim B

Reaction score
My droid has suddenly stopped working with my gmail account. I get an error message saying incorrect username or password. I have not changed my username or password for gmail neither have I changed any of the settings on the droid for that email account. I am still able to log in just fine from my computer just not from the droid. I even tried deleting and recreating the account on the droid but to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix it? I am using the original droid with the 2.2 update and the default email app on the droid.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Try logging onto your gmail account on your computer. Sometimes google will turn off gmail untill you put in a new password if they think your gmail account has been compromised.

OP
T

Tim B

Reaction score
I am using the default email app that checks all three of my email accts including gmail. The other two work fine just not the gmail. I have not changed any settings since creating the acct last December. I am able to log onto the acct just fine from my computer.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am using the default email app that checks all three of my email accts including gmail. The other two work fine just not the gmail. I have not changed any settings since creating the acct last December. I am able to log onto the acct just fine from my computer.

Switch to K-9 email. It is a jillion times better than the stock email app. It is in the market, but the devs do not keep the market updated very well and you will normally find a more current version here: Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code

Good luck.

OP
T

Tim B

Reaction score
Ooookaaayy. I just tried recreating the gmail acct again in my phone and now its working. Thanks for the replies.

Phlfwd22

Reaction score
so you just deleted/recreated it and it worked? Im having the same problem and ive tried this multiple times but with no luck...

madineclark2001

Reaction score
I like gmail ,but...
am3.jpg